Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stop the hype train:whip:
we have so much games we can play with loadiine, just chill and play some of them

Anyway when it is released, it doesn't mean we can use everything out of the box.

Current software needs to get ported and new to be developed.

First thing is access to eShop and Nintendo Services without update worries (until Nintendo releases a new FW).

The day online gaming comes available with loaders, everyone gets free tickets for the bantrain riding it all along ^_^

Last edited by liomajor,

Aneesh India

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Guys hows everyone here?

I am a lil noob and i have some experience softmodding wii, downgrading ps3's and Rgh'ing xboxes. Now since the Wii-U SCENE is getting heated up i thought i will try to put my head around this.
So, i had a look at the Loadine release and my question for you guys is,
1. Is the Hykem hack the same as Loadine? If not, what is the difference
2. What is the safest firmware that someone needs to be in order to have full access and booting the backup games from a usb loader?
3. How about some region compatibilities? Any restrcition on PAL/NTSCJ/U?
4. Also, Do i need to be ready with trigger discs like SSMB Original?
5. what else?Nothing much Thanks in advance and my heartfelt new year wishes to all.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys hows everyone here?

I am a lil noob and i have some experience softmodding wii, downgrading ps3's and Rgh'ing xboxes. Now since the Wii-U SCENE is getting heated up i thought i will try to put my head around this.
So, i had a look at the Loadine release and my question for you guys is,
1. Is the Hykem hack the same as Loadine? If not, what is the difference
2. What is the safest firmware that someone needs to be in order to have full access and booting the backup games from a usb loader?
3. How about some region compatibilities? Any restrcition on PAL/NTSCJ/U?
4. Also, Do i need to be ready with trigger discs like SSMB Original?
5. what else?Nothing much Thanks in advance and my heartfelt new year wishes to all.
1- No hyken is making an exploit that has all the security checks open loadiine can sometime later after release be ported to the new hyken iosu yet unreleased exploit.
2-there is no usb loader yet coded anywhere there is only loadiine and its an sd loader, right now the fw with all the goods is 5.3.2 wich might change depending on hyken release.
3-all games regions work, the games region locked all you need to do is rename some localization files to fit your region wiiu.
4-latest loadiine only a handfull of games actualy need ssb4 to work the 90% of all work trough miimaker alone not needing a disc.

Reactions: rommy667

Aneesh India

Trophies
XP
Country
India
1- No hyken is making an exploit that has all the security checks open loadiine can sometime later after release be ported to the new hyken iosu yet unreleased exploit.
2-there is no usb loader yet coded anywhere there is only loadiine and its an sd loader, right now the fw with all the goods is 5.3.2 wich might change depending on hyken release.
3-all games regions work, the games region locked all you need to do is rename some localization files to fit your region wiiu.
4-latest loadiine only a handfull of games actualy need ssb4 to work the 90% of all work trough miimaker alone not needing a disc.

Thanks Pedro for the reply. Will be around this forum. Very excited already :)

Reactions: YugamiSekai

smid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using loadiine v4 for 5.0.0 and yoshi's woolly world doesnt work. I assume this is because it calls some functions only available in 5.3.2 and newer firmwares. Does anyone know if it is/will be possible to modify games to work on lower firmwares?

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
Really looking forward to Hykems release! Be great to get USB access and some emulators running direct on the WiiU (Apparently a lot of devs have been put off because there was no easy/stable exploit)

The WiiU's future is looks pretty sweet. BIG THANKS to all involved :D

Reactions: Deleted User

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really looking forward to Hykems release! Be great to get USB access and some emulators running direct on the WiiU (Apparently a lot of devs have been put off because there was no easy/stable exploit)

The WiiU's future is looks pretty sweet. BIG THANKS to all involved :D

Appearently USB access has always been possible, even without IOSU exploit. All you need to do is have your USB in the correct format (Wii U encrypted format), which means you would always need to put your stuff into that USB through Wii U to be able to use it. And for that you would need to transfer your files using the current exploit through network or through an sd card in the wii U to the USB that you want to use. That procedure can be so long and frustrating.

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
Appearently USB access has always been possible, even without IOSU exploit. All you need to do is have your USB in the correct format (Wii U encrypted format), which means you would always need to put your stuff into that USB through Wii U to be able to use it. And for that you would need to transfer your files using the current exploit through network or through an sd card in the wii U to the USB that you want to use. That procedure can be so long and frustrating.

I was thinking more for Loadiine ;-)

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Woah, woah, things don't work that way..... that's dumb...

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I mean is, we can put stuff on USB, but it's not what everyone wants when they say USB access. And in the same way, we can put stuff on the console itself, since we will have to transfer it through the Wii U to USB anyway.

The same thing could be done on PS4, if someone really wants to. PS3 also has/had a buggy webkit browser, so can probably find an entry there too somewhere. Wonder if anyone even bothers looking for PS3 exploits anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat