Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i seen, i just hadn't heard of it, so its new to me :P
Ninti destroyed the YouTube hax a while ago, it was confirmed. There was a report on http://wololo.net/ about it a while back but I cannot find it now. I think it mentioned they now update YouTube separately from the rest, when and wanted there is no stopping the update, its continuous and it got patched. I think maybe this might be a new wave of updating and might be rolled out to others for example like the Nintendo system updates, its not something that has an option to it, it just continuously updates at all times, without you even knowing there wont be FW5.1.0, 5.1.1, 5.3.0 or FW5.3.2 etc.., it will be nothing, it will just run and that's it!. :(

Last edited by Reecey,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ninti destroyed the YouTube hax a while ago, it was confirmed. There was a report on http://wololo.net/ about it a while back but I cannot find it now. I think it mentioned they now update YouTube separately from the rest, when and wanted there is no stopping the update, its continuous and it got patched. I think maybe this might be a new wave of updating and might be rolled out to others for example like the Nintendo system updates, its not something that has an option to it, it just continuously updates at all times, without you even knowing there wont be FW5.1.0, 5.1.1, 5.3.0 or FW5.3.2 etc.., it will be nothing, it will just run and that's it!. :(
yeah i was talking about TexHaxU, its just a texture editing tool for the Wii U, nothing to do with TubeHax
https://github.com/NWPlayer123/WiiUTools/tree/master/TexHaxU

Reactions: Margen67 and Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Reecey,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So is tubehax still working for the wiiu? I've not been on my wiiu for just over a week.
tubehax never worked on the WiiU :P....but the DNS server made for use with tubehax conveniently blocks the nintendo update servers....afaik smea hasn't said anything about shutting it down, infact i read he added the server used to ninja kill the 3DS browser to the block list making it meaningful again to 3DS users

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
tubehax never worked on the WiiU :P....but the DNS server made for use with tubehax conveniently blocks the nintendo update servers....afaik smea hasn't said anything about shutting it down, infact i read he added the server used to ninja kill the 3DS browser to the block list making it meaningful again to 3DS users

Sorry my bad, I meant the tubehax dns. That's what I have been using to keep my wii u from blocking updates etc. Just wanted to make sure it was still safe after what was mentioned earlier. Thanks.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
does tubehax already added this to the block list? i know it wasnt added to wiiu side but its a matter of time and we might all loose homebrew since there is no way around the bowser.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
does tubehax already added this to the block list? i know it wasnt added to wiiu side but its a matter of time and we might all loose homebrew since there is no way around the bowser.

From the info I have from #3dsdev, this one blocks the new URL: 107.211.140.165, but .065 (the regular one?) is not blocking it. I don't know if that's changed over the last day or so though.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the info I have from #3dsdev, this one blocks the new URL: 107.211.140.165, but .065 (the regular one?) is not blocking it. I don't know if that's changed over the last day or so though.
Oh, it's a completely new DNS? Why is a new DNS required instead of just making the old one block the new address?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh, it's a completely new DNS? Why is a new DNS required instead of just making the old one block the new address?

I don't know, I don't run either DNS. Ask on #3dsdev if you want to know what's going on with what. All I saw in there is that they said .165 blocks it, and .065 does not.

Edit: .065 is now blocking that 3DS browser update URL.

Edit 2: .065/.65 is apparently NOT blocking it? Conflicting information abound..I'm sorry guys, I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Edit 3: If you want to try an alternative DNS, you can try https://gbatemp.net/threads/blocking-browserhax-update-message.401280/ 's DNS, but I don't know if those URLs are also being used by the Wii U.

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: fiveighteen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, https://youtu.be/4urnwg_PhMs?feature=shared&t=35