Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite convinced that the NSMBU exploit is fake.

I'll eat my foot if it's real, but based on the descriptions that I got, it's literally impossible to do what they're claiming.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm quite convinced that the NSMBU exploit is fake.

I'll eat my foot if it's real, but based on the descriptions that I got, it's literally impossible to do what they're claiming.
What is the description?

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to be respectful at and least keep hidden what they're trying.

Here is my reasoning:

[23:12] <MrRean> 1) you have to get the kexploit to even GET THE *file* to even start
[23:12] <MrRean> 2) No way to load it.
[23:13] <MrRean> 3) booting it from a legit console, with nothing ran already
[23:13] <MrRean> 4) somehow putting in the OSDriver exploit
[23:13] <MrRean> 5) somehow putting it into the ROP chain

It's just impossible.

If they prove me wrong, then they can go ahead. But I don't believe it right now.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to be respectful at and least keep hidden what they're trying.

Here is my reasoning:

[23:12] <MrRean> 1) you have to get the kexploit to even GET THE *file* to even start
[23:12] <MrRean> 2) No way to load it.
[23:13] <MrRean> 3) booting it from a legit console, with nothing ran already
[23:13] <MrRean> 4) somehow putting in the OSDriver exploit
[23:13] <MrRean> 5) somehow putting it into the ROP chain

It's just impossible.

If they prove me wrong, then they can go ahead. But I don't believe it right now.
Well, at least your honest....and I see your point. Where is the code that is to run being loaded?

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your status update is really nothing right now. The webkit exploit isn't that stable on 5.4.0, due to some issue where if a certain thing isn't right, the webkit bug won't execute anything, thus causing a failure every single time.

It's just reliability that's shit. It's a problem in 5.5.0 too. MN1 is doing other stuff, so don't expect stuff anytime soon.

Now please, you don't have to ask for a status update for a while. I will steal your refrigerator if you ask.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I just found some interesting files in the dk64 vc which could make a 100% compatibility injection...

Expect more digging tomorow, I have the feeling that VC injection is going to be easier than what it is already...

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just found some interesting files in the dk64 vc which could make a 100% compatibility injection...

Expect more digging tomorow, I have the feeling that VC injection is going to be easier than what it is already...
When you inject RE2 with no glitches, then I'll mark the 100% compatibility injection statement as 100% legit. :P

Reactions: VinsCool

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your status update is really nothing right now. The webkit exploit isn't that stable on 5.4.0, due to some issue where if a certain thing isn't right, the webkit bug won't execute anything, thus causing a failure every single time.

It's just reliability that's shit. It's a problem in 5.5.0 too. MN1 is doing other stuff, so don't expect stuff anytime soon.

Now please, you don't have to ask for a status update for a while. I will steal your refrigerator if you ask.

Hah! Jokes on you. I don't own a refrigerator. Can I have a status update now?
I'm joking of course.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Will the exploit work on the refrigerator? If I send you my fridge how long would take?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

loco365

Trophies
XP
Might as well skip 5.40 or release 5.4 and 5.5 the same day
Problem with that is that if the exploit in 5.5.0 exists in 5.6.0 (Or whatever is next) but Nintendo hasn't found it, there's the potential for it to be patched before it is released. Don't want to lose the one advantage that they have over Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol