Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So can a firmware spoof be done with the kernel exploit? Maybe editing the memory location is enough to fool the update checking so it might not be too hard.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can a firmware spoof be done with the kernel exploit? Maybe editing the memory location is enough to fool the update checking so it might not be too hard.
Matt was looking into it a bit ago, should be possible, as should spoofing past, say, a console ban, since it just uses the hardware ID thing (FW70101 something) stored in memory, not an NNID or something else.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Matt was looking into it a bit ago, should be possible, as should spoofing past, say, a console ban, since it just uses the hardware ID thing (FW70101 something) stored in memory, not an NNID or something else.
If this is a thing then I might be able to stay on an older firmware and still do a LP of Super Mario Maker with online levels :o

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i cant wait for this i want to acess e shop and buy alot of VC games so i can do some injection testing xD.

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that would be great while waiting emuNAND development.
but it can be quite tricky to set-up, because if it fails once, you will update your console.
1) How secure it is to unplug the router while the wii u is dowloading the update ?
2) what is the approx size of an update (i've got a 25 MB connection atm, and i would not have time to jump to the router if the update is less than 100 M :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just found some interesting files in the dk64 vc which could make a 100% compatibility injection...
Expect more digging tomorow, I have the feeling that VC injection is going to be easier than what it is already...
I guess you need an already bought/installed VC channel from eshop for each console injections.
I never bought any games from eshop, and it's not possible anymore without a spoof or update.

Reactions: VinsCool

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You should not be using anything else besides the OSDriver version I uploaded, any other version is super unstable.
http://nwplayer123.github.io/WiiU/5.3.2/osdriver.html
Just wanted to mention the driver does not work with Gecko it wont connect I did PM you about this when I tested it! I will try it again just to be sure?

Edit: Its ok now you must of sorted it out, thanks. Its all about typing it direct in the url bar for me to work 100% of the time, if I click on the bookmark sometimes I still get a Race Attack error pop up!, don't no why and the difference between the two and why it works so well that way but cafiine & Gecko works 100% bookmark or url.

Edit: I still find the Version 2 .zip that Nasty posted up a good few pages down is more stable for me.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Guys, I have a really good reason why we should make a back-up loader, what if you own a disk, but accidentally you broke it?

When I was playing New Super Mario Bros. U, the game stopped and a message popped up saying: "The disc might be dirty", then the game never worked again.
In this case I need a backup loader, that's why it named backup loader, unless I misunderstood something.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, I have a really good reason why we should make a back-up loader, what if you own a disk, but accidentally you broke it?

When I was playing New Super Mario Bros. U, the game stopped and a message popped up saying: "The disc might be dirty", then the game never worked again.
In this case I need a backup loader, that's why it named backup loader, unless I misunderstood something.
If the disc boots, try replacing everything with cafiine. It should load everything from your PC instead of your disc.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Yes same thing happened to my Mario kart 8 disk ^^ even though I played on it only 2 or 3 times before that happened (so about 60 euros gone like that :D).
But I really don't want this thread to get into another piracy debate. I hope a backup loader will come for many reasons. But I prefer this thread to be exclusive for useful info on the progress of the Wii U hacking.

For example if the developpers can answer this : Since now it's possible to replace files using caffein, is it possible to do so only through network or is there gonna be a way to do it using usb ? if that happened would the same method be used to load a complete game ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If the disc boots, try replacing everything with cafiine. It should load everything from your PC instead of your disc.

A complete game can be loaded using caffein just through network ? without USB ?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Now we have VC game injection, ingame editing/modding...
I hope we will see a backup loader soon ^^
It will be a long time yet until we see a back up loader of some sort. Remember cafiine can only produce files of a certain size, probably, so think about it transferring a whole 22GB+ game via cafiine is a little different than transferring a rom that is about 8MB in size. Don't get me wrong, the way we do VC transferring sounds possible by using the game as a base and transferring the back up over the top of it but I doubt very much it would even work, it would probably just freeze and crash in the transfer process!

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I want to protect my lense. It could get dirty too, you know!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool