Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
If the disc boots, try replacing everything with cafiine. It should load everything from your PC instead of your disc.
Well, when I open the Wii U menu, I click on the game but the most hated message ever pops up, "The disk might be dirty". :(

Same problem happened with my Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World disks.

Happy day guys, my 3 and only Wii U disks are now broken :(

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could that work even for a different game ? like some kind of swapping files ? or each game needs its own codes hence it's own disk for the replacement to work?
Cafiine can't swap code yet.
It's like the NTR_CFW for the 3DS but with Network loading, huh?
I've never used NTR, but I think it is more or less the same.
Well, when I open the Wii U menu, I click on the game but the most hated message ever pops up, "The disk might be dirty". :(

Same problem happened with my Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World disks.

Happy day guys, my 3 and only Wii U disks are now broken :(
Then the lens is dirty, not the discs.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It will be a long time yet until we see a back up loader of some sort. Remember cafiine can only produce files of a certain size, probably, so think about it transferring a whole 22GB+ game via cafiine is a little different than transferring a rom that is about 8MB in size. Don't get me wrong, the way we do VC transferring sounds possible by using the game as a base and transferring the back up over the top of it but I doubt very much it would even work, it would probably just freeze and crash in the transfer process!
I don't think you need to transfert the complete game over the network in one time.
It just stream the required files like it worked on NGC with PSO+BBA

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here's what happens when I boot up the 3 disks

NSMBU and SM3DW both throw up an error message, MK8 gets stuck at the logo screen. :(

I doubt you could break 3 discs at once. I'm almost sure it's the lens. I think you should get a lens cleaning kit for Wii U.
Wii discs boot because they're much less dense than Wii U discs.

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I doubt you could break 3 discs at once. I'm almost sure it's the lens. I think you should get a lens cleaning kit for Wii U.
Well, MK8 stopped working 4 weeks ago, NSMBU stopped working 2 weeks and half ago, and SM3DW stopped working 1 week and half ago.
If the problem was from the lens, I pretty sure that the disks would have stopped working at the same time, but didn't.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, MK8 stopped working 4 weeks ago, NSMBU stopped working 2 weeks and half ago, and SM3DW stopped working 1 week and half ago.
If the problem was from the lens, I pretty sure that the disks would have stopped working at the same time, but didn't.
Then perhaps both the lens and the discs are a little dirty, and the lens struggles to read them.
At least, you should be able to boot MK8 using cafiine, if you have a backup of the entire FSA.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then perhaps both the lens and the discs are a little dirty, and the lens struggles to read them.
At least, you should be able to boot MK8 using cafiine, if you have a backup of the entire FSA.

Backup loading that requires the original disc too for authentication! :P. Not a bad idea for people who's games partially work (either boot up or freeze part way through the boot process or mid game or w/e). Won't help is someone's disc is completely trashed (doesn't pass authentication) but still pretty nifty. Wiikey U confirmed- its a softmod :P jk.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Backup loading that requires the original disc too for authentication! :P. Not a bad idea for people who's games partially work (either boot up or freeze part way through the boot process or mid game or w/e). Won't help is someone's disc is completely trashed (doesn't pass authentication) but still pretty nifty. Wiikey U confirmed- its a softmod :P jk.

I bought once a used NSMBU disk and I couldn't get past the screen with the illustration and music, it just freezes there and the music continues. So yeah that kind of files loading would definitely be useful in this case !
But I wonder if it's ever gonna be possible to do through usb.

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I'm not sure.
What shall I do know, request download codes for the games from Nintendo?
I suppose it'll work.
Problem is: I don't have a backup of the files!! D:

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I bought once a used NSMBU disk and I couldn't get past the screen with the illustration and music, it just freezes there and the music continues. So yeah that kind of files loading would definitely be useful in this case !
It's going to! The question is: When? ;)

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Same thing happens to my MK8 Disc
NWPlayer123 said that they will work on adding USB support, wonder if that will ever happen.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's going to! The question is: When? ;)
The more useful question is : what is needed to make it work through USB, is it possible without IOSU access ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Problem is: I don't have a backup of the files
Isn't that something you can download already from the internet ? I mean, I remember I've seen dumps of games floating around including MK8 before any of these exploits got released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m