Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where did the group pick up their skills? Particularly not the coding stuff (stuff you'd see in a C Programming book), but the stuff regarding linking, loading, exploit development, etc?

I've been watching the Life of Binaries series from OpenSecurity Training. Its amazing how much just watching them go over binary assembly, sections, etc can enlighten things.

I'm also starting to realize that unless you are sitting and compiling, setting up environments, at the terminal entering stuff, fixing things, etc.....you really aren't learning (as much) At least for me.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the kernel exploit?

As mentioned before, that's all on Relys right now.

Where did the group pick up their skills? Particularly not the coding stuff (stuff you'd see in a C Programming book), but the stuff regarding linking, loading, exploit development, etc?

I've been watching the Life of Binaries series from OpenSecurity Training. Its amazing how much just watching them go over binary assembly and sections can enlighten things.

I'm also starting to realize that unless you are sitting and compiling, at the terminal entering stuf, fixing things, etc.....you really aren't learning (as much) At least for me.

several years worth of doing and most importantly listening in the Super Mario Galaxy 2 modding scene ;) MN1 and I have been working on stuff together for (I think) almost 4 years now, and we've done stuff like assembly hacks to restore the old Red Star and Ice Flower. You learn quite a lot observing other people.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Margen67

ryanjf97

not long now...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
excuse me for just a sec, but I couldn't find a definite yes/no answer, but I'm looking at buying a WiiU soon, should I be looking out for a certain version? I read on the first page that it's save to update to 5.3.2, but I also remember that the WebKit exploit was patched after 5.1, so I kind of just want some confirmation on it, thanks!

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
excuse me for just a sec, but I couldn't find a definite yes/no answer, but I'm looking at buying a WiiU soon, should I be looking out for a certain version? I read on the first page that it's save to update to 5.3.2, but I also remember that the WebKit exploit was patched after 5.1, so I kind of just want some confirmation on it, thanks!

Both of those are true, but we're working on a new one that *should* work for all versions. So no, any Wii U will do.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but to be on the safe side, if I could buy a WiiU on a certain version, what would be best?

Again, shouldn't matter. We're targeting the latest version, but in theory it works with all versions, so it shouldn't matter if you're able to get a 4.0.0-5.1.0 Wii U (unless you want to do some poking around while you wait)

Reactions: JVC2 and ryanjf97

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this different then the web exploit for 5.3.2

Our first WebKit exploit was developed in May 2014. It supported versions 4.0.0 to 5.1.0, and then got patched in August that same year by version 5.1.1. We turned our attention to the kernel exploit from that point until early March this year, but now that we've finished it, work has started up on a new WebKit exploit. This new exploit will support 5.3.2.

Krafter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask You:
When will come out the Wii u Homebrew Channel ?!?
Not fit a long time. The security on the Wii U doesn't work as it did with the Wii. When a Chanel was installed on the Wii, it was only verified during the install where as the Wii U verifies each time it's run. It's going to be difficult to crack that.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Not fit a long time. The security on the Wii U doesn't work as it did with the Wii. When a Chanel was installed on the Wii, it was only verified during the install where as the Wii U verifies each time it's run. It's going to be difficult to crack that.

Im guessing it will be solved the same way as on the 3DS, by patching signature checks on the emunand :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer: Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good