Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

WiiFoundLove

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
wiiuleg.png

there is a more visual guide for people who need colours to understand it better :P

basically the further down the the list the less options you have available

5.6.0 is out!? Or is it only for clarification of new updates that can come out new day!?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
5.6.0 is out!? Or is it only for clarification of new updates that can come out new day!?
yep just for "potentially", there is nothing above 5.5 yet, but lets face it, if people cant understand it as it stands they are probably the same people who would rush to update to 5.6 (or whatever comes next) then sit there sniveling that they have no 5.6 hax

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not according to this post...

Most of the IOSU has been reverse-engineered and I'm still updating the wiki almost daily: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges
I already have an exploitable bug that should work up to firmware 5.5.0 and naehrwert is working on something too (currently for lower than 5.2.0 firmwares). When everything is ready it will be publicly released (at least on my end).

No clue what @Mathew_Wi is up to, but he did work with @Marionumber1 to get the 5.3.2 firmware exploit working (debugging via DevKit) and he found the MP4 bug test case that's being used to exploit 5.4.0/5.5.0 (which turned out to be a libstagefright bug, way before the controversial presentation).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Not according to this post...
notice he said "should work", i was only factoring in the basics for newbies, if you feel like you want to make a much more in depth rundown of how things stand feel free, but those kinds of assumptions that everything will go according to plan has often leads to a bunch of butthurt from people saying Mr X promised this, or Mr Y told them to update and its all their fault......while yeah i would imagine hykem wouldn't probably say that without being confident in it, until its confirmed working rather than just a hunch/feeling/educated guess there is no point people getting to excited

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
notice he said "should work", i was only factoring in the basics for newbies, if you feel like you want to make a much more in depth rundown of how things stand feel free, but those kinds of assumptions that everything will go according to plan has often led to a bunch of butthurt from people
And also he said "an exploitable bug".

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
And also he said "an exploitable bug".
see selective hearing at play, "buy our scratch card and you might win $1,000,000" becomes "buy our scratch card and you WILL win $1,000,000"

yeah hykem knows his stuff and he is probably pretty sure it will work, but based on his "should work" it would appear he isn't 100% sure, learn to wait for confirmation before wetting your pants and running around with them on your head in excitement

i mean look at the people who updated to 5.4/5.5 because dev's mentioned they had another way in, people assume too much and thought "oh well everything will be released at the same time"

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But it's unusable without the webkit exploit... right?
yep its unusable atm, basically anything in green is ready to go (excluding the IOSU exploit, but you can do "stuff" on those FW's), anything yellow is pending releases, and red is....well dont go there if/when a update drops until its confirmed safe

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o I was thinking about something else

on the topic of iosu, I actually want to see if it's possible to hold off the IOSU exploit for as long as possible, because the more updates that get released from nintendo, the more variety of versions you can be on gets bigger, and less "omg i updated y u no tell me"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1