Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't if he's still working this but @Mathew_Wi stated that he had three possible entrypoints that he was developing separately. If true and he releases on one that works for 5.4, than it is definitely advantageous to stay on that firmware.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heheheh, I finally got pyGecko and TCPGecko to cooperate again, re-rewrite is going great. Gonna get GUI working in a bit.
Code:
>>> tcp = TCPGecko("192.168.137.7")
>>> OSAllocFromSystem = tcp.get_symbol("coreinit.rpl", "OSAllocFromSystem")
OSAllocFromSystem address: 0x01021FA8
>>> data = tcp.readmem(0x10000000, 0x1004)
Length is greater than 0x400 bytes, need to read in chunks
Start address:   0x10000000
Current address: 0x10000400
Current address: 0x10000800
Current address: 0x10000C00
Current address: 0x10001000
Finished!
>>>

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Heheheh, I finally got pyGecko and TCPGecko to cooperate again, re-rewrite is going great. Gonna get GUI working in a bit.
Code:
>>> tcp = TCPGecko("192.168.137.7")
>>> OSAllocFromSystem = tcp.get_symbol("coreinit.rpl", "OSAllocFromSystem")
OSAllocFromSystem address: 0x01021FA8
>>> data = tcp.readmem(0x10000000, 0x1004)
Length is greater than 0x400 bytes, need to read in chunks
Start address:   0x10000000
Current address: 0x10000400
Current address: 0x10000800
Current address: 0x10000C00
Current address: 0x10001000
Finished!
>>>

What hasn't been working? I've been using your pygecko more than TCPGecko since the beginning.

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
I am w

I am waiting on mine. I ordered a week ago. A friend of ours has one and although he lives in another country I have watched him use it on Skype. It seems to work flawlessly. He has not tried a bunch but he loaded 8-bit Mario yesterday and it worked for him.

Cheers, I think i'm going to get one :)

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Does someone know whether all wii u titles use the wii u browser for displaying websites or do they all have their own browser code?

I found a crash in the webkit part of an eshop app. It looks like its using a very old webkit version, but unfortunately I had not much time to analyze it further yet.

Reactions: I pwned U!

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at my beautiful handiwork so far
pyGeckoGUIProg2.png

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Keep up the good work everyone! Lots of awesome things going on right here :)
Hopefully the firmware spoofing method will be completely finished soon, but no guarantees. Can't wait for it to ship so you all can try it out as well.
Those painful days of rebooting the damn console over and over and pray to the RNG gods the kernel exploit wants to work so I could test stuff were SOOOO worth it.

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Keep up the good work everyone! Lots of awesome things going on right here :)
Hopefully the firmware spoofing method will be completely finished soon, but no guarantees. Can't wait for it to ship so you all can try it out as well.
Those painful days of rebooting the damn console over and over and pray to the RNG gods the kernel exploit wants to work so I could test stuff were SOOOO worth it.

you are working with crediar on it ? could you bring some details about what will be possible or not ?

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you are working with crediar on it ? could you bring some details about what will be possible or not ?
He's coding it, and I'm testing. And sorry I cannot share more details right now as things are not yet final. What I can tell you is that right now online play works and you can update your games without updating the system firmware. Wish I could try Super Mario Maker but sadly I don't have the game yet.

D

Deleted-355425

He's coding it, and I'm testing. And sorry I cannot share more details right now as things are not yet final. What I can tell you is that right now online play works and you can update your games without updating the system firmware. Wish I could try Super Mario Maker but sadly I don't have the game yet.

as long as i can access the eshop and re download super metroid to play on my wii U i will be happy.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country

For those that are on 5.5.0, should we just wait until the Kexpliot for that version is release or can we downgrade in some way?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone know how it's going for @soneek and his progress on Smash Wii U hacking?

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For those that are on 5.5.0, should we just wait until the Kexpliot for that version is release or can we downgrade in some way?
We aren't even close to something like a downgrade right now. There's nothing you can do but wait for code execution and ppc kernel ownage on 5.5.0. 5.4.0 users might have some more luck if another entrypoint pops up but I don't think it will since all efforts are shifted to 5.3.2 and 5.5.0 right now.

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Ok.. it was faster to test then to wait for an answer ~.~
The webkit version number in the found app is indeed correct & even lower than the browser at release :evil:

Vulnerable to several exploits. It's not as easy to exploit as the browser exploits but a backup never hurts...:grog:
I'll try to investigate that further. But don't expect anything from me soon.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok.. it was faster to test then to wait for an answer ~.~
The webkit version number in the found app is indeed correct & even lower than the browser at release :evil:

Vulnerable to several exploits. It's not as easy to exploit as the browser exploits but a backup never hurts...:grog:
I'll try to investigate that further. But don't expect anything from me soon.

Does this mean some games come with their own version of webkit for e-shop access? If so, that would be a nice userland exploit that would basically be unpatchable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1