Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

bawzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's already a userland and kernel exploit for 5.5, they are just not released yet. The userland exploit is the same as the one for 5.4, and there's at least one more kernel exploit that wasn't patched.

Been reading about that from time to time. Can anyone like @Marionumber1 give us even a little confidence about upgrading to 5.5 for eventual userland/kernel/IOSU exploits? I'm still on 5.3.2, been holding out for a long time, but really want to play Super Mario Maker in a couple weeks and I'm sure I'll need 5.5 to download levels.

Would love to know, thanks

Reactions: Simonwayneee

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been reading about that from time to time. Can anyone like @Marionumber1 give us even a little confidence about upgrading to 5.5 for eventual userland/kernel/IOSU exploits? I'm still on 5.3.2, been holding out for a long time, but really want to play Super Mario Maker in a couple weeks and I'm sure I'll need 5.5 to download levels.

Stop asking for an eta

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France

That kind of "confidence", makes people update and once they get bored of their new toy (in your case super mario maker) they comeback angry from how far they are from using the exploits and blame the developers for giving them that "confidence" :D.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That kind of "confidence", makes people update and once they get bored of their new toy (in your case super mario maker) they comeback angry from how far they are from using the exploits and blame the developers for giving them that "confidence" :D.

Yep, we learned not to do that after we got several angry people yelling at us. :P

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, we learned not to do that after we got several angry people yelling at us. :P
If John said to Jones go and jump off that cliff you will be ok, would he have done???. If people have not made up there mind themselves and gone and updated then I blame them not anyone else!

Last edited by Reecey,

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Finally got my level to save correctly, so here it is.
Shot071.png

This was originally the first NSMBU custom level, but I had problems on saving the level.... So yeah, the real first custom level is here.
Can somebody do me a favor and test it?

IbbyPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got my level to save correctly, so here it is.

This was originally the first NSMBU custom level, but I had problems on saving the level.... So yeah, the real first custom level is here.
Can somebody do me a favor and test it?
The first custom NSMBU level was mad a long time ago.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
The first custom NSMBU level was mad a long time ago.
Yes, this one was made before it, but I had problems on saving it, so I took a screenshot of it long time ago, and since now I can save levels fine, I remade the level and saved it and I'm waiting for someone to test it.

Reactions: Margen67

Lory171

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I found more

OSDynLoad_ExecuteDynamicLink
OSDynLoad_gTLSHeader
OSDynLoad_Heap
OSDynLoad_DoImports
OSDynLoad_DynInit
OSDynLoad_InitFromCoreInit()
OSDynLoad_InitFromCommon()
OSDynLoad_IniternalPurge
OSDynLoad_Release
OSDynLoad_ModuleHandle
OSEvent
OSInterrupt
logs are saved to CBL.USB
Errors: ufatalerror; kfatalerror; upanic; unull; knull; uheartbeat; kpanic; kheartbeat;
Commands:
threads; ttrace; ctxdump; ospanic; iostats; osstats; kstats; tcheck; disasm; stacktrace; logdump; iodump; heaps; heapdump; heapcheck; setdabr; setiabr; setword; sdkversion; cpuusage; getsym; setfslog; help; fslogdump; ack_kill; memdump; launch; kpanic; intstats; crashdump; logsave; debug; coretrace; bootperf; runonthread; launchex; kill; killrestart; fault;
All commands are explained and documented.

t6_cafef_rpl
t6mp_cafef_rpl

the Debugging Shell seem interesting :huh:

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all people interested, here's a version of cafiine for fw5.3.2.
You can compile it or just put the www files in your server.
I added a selection of the cafiine server ip in the application if you don't want to compile it.
- to replace game files : create a folder in cafiine/server/cafiine_root with the title_id of the game and put your new file in the same directory as the game (ex : 00050000-1010ED00\vol\content\audio\stream\Title_WU.aa.32.dspadpcm.bfstm to replace the title song of MK8)

ps : tested on MK8 EU, I replaced the title song with the one provided in the cafiine server (00050000-10143500 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA The Wind Waker HD)

Awesome, thanks!

Reminder to people, you can grab BFSTM files pre-made from Brawl Custom Music, or build them yourself from mono dsp files with revb if you know what you're doing. You will need DSPADPCM.exe in order to make mono DSP files. I'll release a batch file to easily do this later, but you will need to insert loop points into WAV files prior to building. Another note with my batch script, it'll automatically generate final lap versions of songs for Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 7 if you want.

NUS3Bank files for Smash U are available from a song's individual download page, and also from template pages people have been making. Mine hasn't been populated with EVERYTHING I've put in, but you can check it out. Soneek's Music List for Smash U

You will need original nus3bank files (only up until the PACK section + 0x8 bytes) as templates to insert custom IDSP files which can also be built with revb from mono dsp files. I want to finish the universal injector for nus3banks with more than one IDSP inside, so please be patient for that.

You'll also be able to build G1L files for Hyrule Warriors BGM.

I'll finish stuff up and try to release it by the end of the day, now that it's finally usable by others.

golden45

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reminder to people, you can grab BFSTM files pre-made from Brawl Custom Music, or build them yourself from mono dsp files with revb if you know what you're doing. You will need DSPADPCM.exe in order to make mono DSP files. I'll release a batch file to easily do this later, but you will need to insert loop points into WAV files prior to building. Another note with my batch script, it'll automatically generate final lap versions of songs for Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 7 if you want.

Nice! I was looking for tools like that.
Do you know if there is any other "standard" files in wiiu games?

Updated version of cafiine for fw532 with the fix for Splatoon and co

Attachments

• cafiine532-v1.1-fix-splatoon.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,074
Last edited by golden45,

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There are a lot of standard formats, but I'm not too familiar with them. I've only really looked into general audio, and my main focus is Smash for other stuff.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
There are a lot of standard formats, but I'm not too familiar with them. I've only really looked into general audio, and my main focus is Smash for other stuff.
If you don't mind me asking, what's the difference between BFSTM and NUS3BANK, besides NUS3BANK being an archive of sorts?

Akdul

Trophies
Website
raulbojalil.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico

Updated version of cafiine for fw532 with the fix for Splatoon and co

Nice! I am playing Smash Bros with custom music. Thanks to you and soneek!

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I am playing Smash Bros with custom music. Thanks to you and soneek!

If you have an update downloaded for Smash, I can help you edit song titles as well. We have to manipulate the patchlist and resource file, but that part is easy for me now.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the difference between BFSTM and NUS3BANK, besides NUS3BANK being an archive of sorts?

The core data is the same format, using the DSP ADPCM codec. The IDSP files are really what you'd wanna compare, but it uses almost standard DSP headers with a 16 byte interleave. BFSTM uses 0x2000 byte interleave.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm