Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm surprised more people haven't noticed my post. You're all too busy worrying about your precious games :P
Hmmm. Wondering. Is it too early to possibly think 5.4.0 is safe? I would update ASAP if it is confirmed, or I will activate a whole new update blocking through my new router.

Reactions: Margen67

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Simply delete the connection once you're done using your Wii U and disable all auto-download options. URL blocking won't really help...
Yes, yes it does if properly set-up. I used this method since the beginning (heck, at this time my wiiU was 4.0) I jumped ship and updated as soon it was confirmed safe.
It is easy to configure, if you know how a router, access control and ip assigning work.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the progress with the kernel exploit? Any update on what you're all up to? Thanks :)
I've been chipping away at pyGecko and SplatMap(Splatoon BYAML map editor). Finally got save editing working but it's super iffy :\ FSReadFile doesn't like me. Probs gonna work on an interface and search next.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the progress with the kernel exploit? Any update on what you're all up to? Thanks :)

I'm basically trying to do everything: work with Matt to finish up 5.4.0, find a new kernel exploit, look into an ARM crash, document library functions...(the order I've listed is probably the order I'll do them in)

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
The current one relies on a race attack which is very unreliable. I had thought I could fix it, but it now seems impossible.
That way we could at least keep the "noobs who only want to pirate stuff" out of the way for the most ;P

(just kidding)

nonamejohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is unfortunate that you probably won't be able to use your current exploit. Will that stop you from releasing it as-is if/after you find a new one ?

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is unfortunate that you probably won't be able to use your current exploit. Will that stop you from releasing it as-is if/after you find a new one ?

It will be released before too long. I'll look for a new exploit, and if there's nothing by about the end of summer, it'll probably be released as-is.

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
It will be released before too long. I'll look for a new exploit, and if there's nothing by about the end of summer, it'll probably be released as-is.

Thanks for the info & I hope you pull off finding a new exploit :) Has Hykem had any luck with dumping the keys with the IOSU exploit he mentioned on his lower firmware console? Sorry for all the questions lol. It's been a little quiet regarding progress on the kernel, IOSU side of things. I'm a patient guy. Just wondering whats happening behind the scenes for interests sake :)

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info & I hope you pull off finding a new exploit :) Has Hykem had any luck with dumping the keys with the IOSU exploit he mentioned on his lower firmware console? Sorry for all the questions lol. It's been a little quiet regarding progress on the kernel, IOSU side of things. I'm a patient guy. Just wondering whats happening behind the scenes for interests sake :)
from what he told me he's experimenting some GPU with DMA attack.
There are two ways to fetch the keys. either fetch them from memory using something as /dev/ramdisk0 or use other dev nodes that have DMA access. he's trying the second option (DMA)
he explained that very quickly so i'm not entirely sure if that's how it works

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
URL blocking won't really help...

Step 1: Stop using OpenDNS and use your router's parental controls. OpenDNS relies on your network IP address meaning when that changes, you're SOL. Happened to me and my Wii U auto updated.

Note that Netgear's Parental Controls are powered by OpenDNS, however, your router configures everything.

Reactions: VinsCool

IbbyPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 1: Stop using OpenDNS and use your router's parental controls. OpenDNS relies on your network IP address meaning when that changes, you're SOL. Happened to me and my Wii U auto updated.
If you don't know, some people have routers that don't have domain blocking built in without paying a fee. However, OpenDNS is free.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Note that Netgear's Parental Controls are powered by OpenDNS, however, your router configures everything.
If you don't know, some people have routers that don't have domain blocking built in without paying a fee. However, OpenDNS is free.
Disable standby, Spotpass, etc... and your consoles will never auto-update :)
(This is mandatory if you rely on OpenDNS.)

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMvART9kb8