Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will anything upcoming work on 5.2.0? I think I am still on that and have since removed my internet connection to system

If you're above 5.1, you might as well update to 5.3.2 and go online for the time being. Everything above 5.1 (meaning both 5.2 and 5.3.2) will work with the kernel exploit but not the userspace exploit. If you want to be safe, just delete your internet connection before you shut it down so it can't update if Ninty throws one out there.

Reactions: elmoemo

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's be honest... ANY emulator that could use the gamepad would be awesome!

I just want to see a Sega Saturn emu that runs at full speed with most games compatible, then I can sell off my old saturn and just keep my games so I can dump them and play them on my Wii U :P

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're above 5.1, you might as well update to 5.3.2 and go online for the time being. Everything above 5.1 (meaning both 5.2 and 5.3.2) will work with the kernel exploit but not the userspace exploit. If you want to be safe, just delete your internet connection before you shut it down so it can't update if Ninty throws one out there.
If you don't connect the Wii u to the net at all it won't update, or does it have a hotspot thing?

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just want to see a Sega Saturn emu that runs at full speed with most games compatible, then I can sell off my old saturn and just keep my games so I can dump them and play them on my Wii U :P

It's been a while sense I checked in on the Saturn emu scene. I herd that system Is a bitch to emulate and last I seen, compatibly is WAY low :(

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if i have u.nderstood but really? IOSU exploit leaked? Where?

??? Who are you quoteing/asking?

I think he's talking about this:
Actually there is. If the alluded 3.0.1 IOSU exploit is ever leaked/released then they're one of the few people who can actually use it.
But obviously you'd have to be on 3.0.1 or lower to even use it, and that's IF the person who made it ever even released it... so it's not practical at all. Not worth bothering devs to try to get your hands on it.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if i have u.nderstood but really? IOSU exploit leaked? Where?

An IOSU explot hasn't been leaked, but we know at least Comex has one because he got the common key. So far, Comex has only leaked the browser exploit for firmware 3.x [https://www.mediafire.com/?dgtm8ue4o89j9fr] and the wiiu common key. The rumor is that the IOSU he used has been patched in firmware 4.x+ anyway, so it won't be of much use for us.

Reactions: Margen67

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An IOSU explot hasn't been leaked, but we know at least Comex has one because he got the common key. So far, Comex has only leaked the browser exploit for firmware 3.x [https://www.mediafire.com/?dgtm8ue4o89j9fr] and the wiiu common key. The rumor is that the IOSU he used has been patched in firmware 4.x+ anyway, so it won't be of much use for us.
So much speculation here... Comex didnt leak the common key, why would he?

As for the browser i doubt he did that either, unless you know something i dont....

Other people had the common key prior to the leak he wasnt the only one with access to it. It could have been anyone. The browser exploit was only given to a select few for beta testing etc before the leak of that. So theres only a select few who couldve done it. I honestly dont know if comex was one of those people or not...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You can find Mew under a truck in Whatevertown.