• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 6,743
  • Replies 43
  • Likes 5
D

Deleted_171835

OP
I made a thread earlier about the Wii U's rumoured GPU. I emailed them on Friday to confirm the rumours myself and guys, it's real. The Wii U is using a modified E6760 GPU.

esh2Y.png

UBkya.png

The GPU is actually moderately powerful.

Details on the GPU: http://www.em.avnet....Processors.aspx

Layman's terms: Wii U is not as much of an underpowered piece of shit like the Wii!

Reactions: 5 people

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Shit just got real.
Now there's the CPU concerns left though, even though the GPU is more important than the CPU in terms of graphics people want.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, hopefully that enough to keep mutiplats down the line. 720 rumored to be 6x as much, right?

Shit just got real.
Now there's the CPU concerns left though, even though the GPU is more important than the CPU in terms of graphics people want.
Not me since it a gpgpu.

Can't believe Nintendo give them permission to say anything at all.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Seeing that most games rely more on the GPU than on the CPU, the WiiU has a bright future ahead of it. Even *if* having to control transfer to and from the Tablet Controller and keeping system processes takes such a huge toll on the CPU that it equates resources-wise to the PS3 or the 360, it's still going to blow both out of the water, especially when you consider the fact that with GPGPU, the CPU can "push aside" the tasks it's not great with, such as Floating Point calculation, to the GPU... well, Nintendo officially cought up with the current generation and topped it by a safe margin.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Welp. That's three separate emails from different people. One from soulx, one from neogaf guy, and one from a dude on a spanish forum
9qwmiq.jpg
Is everyone coordinating their fakes or is this shit actually true

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Welp. That's three separate emails from different people. One from soulx, one from neogaf guy, and one from a dude on a spanish forum
One way to find out - ask AMD support an unrelated question and check if the adress and the format of the response matches.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Considering I have already detailed my skepticism on the Wii U's power previously, I wouldn't make something like this up. It's real.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on paper it sounds like it has the goods behind it, just gotta see those devs put it to use now

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
One way to find out - ask AMD support an unrelated question and check if the adress and the format of the response matches.
I emailed them about this, actually. They haven't given a response yet, but the emails I have received about my help ticket match the ones that guy from neogaf got
And the formats on all three emails also matches perfectly.

It would, of course, be easy to take any old query from AMD, and shop in your own text to make it look authentic. That's what would have happened if this were fake. But it's a bit of a coincidence that everyone would have ran with the same idea, including our very own soulx

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm inclined to believe that it'll be an AMD chip due to the long-term relationship Nintendo has with AMD... I'm just suprised that AMD's Tech Support appears to be so "open" about the chips they manufactured for Nintendo. One would expect them to be secretive about it.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
*Waits for Sony fanboys / Ninty haters to come in and start saying about how CPU is the major important thing in a console (even though it was all about graphics with PS3 / 360)*

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
*Waits for Sony fanboys / Ninty haters to come in and start saying about how CPU is the major important thing in a console (even though it was all about graphics with PS3 / 360)*
We have minimal details on the CPU. Harada says the clock is a bit low, and Akihiro Suzuki says that his team is having trouble working with it, whatever that means. Given both of these reports, I'd say it's possible that the CPU is genuinely less powerful than the PS3 or 360 CPU, but it's also possible that developers are just not used to it yet.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls