Wii U emulator Cemu update 1.12.0 publicly released, adds Wiimote support and more

The latest Cemu update is now available to everyone, putting the emulator at version 1.12.0, and adding some new features. Notably, native Wiimote support has been added for games that support it, and some major UI changes have occurred. As mentioned in the changelog, the game list now shows icons and more columns, giving users more information at a glance. Smaller changes such as Friend List support, shorter load times, and bugfixes have been added as well. The above video gives a visual summary of the new additions from the update.

Code:
# Cemu detailed changelog for 1.12.0d
# Patreon release date: 2018-04-25
# Public release date:  2018-05-02

# New in 1.12.0d:

general: Fixed crash when selecting wiimote as emulated controller

# New in 1.12.0c:

general: Fixed graphic pack custom shaders sometimes not loading

# New in 1.12.0b:

general: Fixed a bug where wiimote input provider was not displayed in input settings

# New in 1.12.0:

general: Improved game list
            Added game icons
            Added ability to quick jump to an entry by typing the first letters
            Added ability to navigate with arrow keys
            Added columns for time played and last time launched
            Added option to create gameprofile (if it doesn't exist)
            Sorting of entries is no longer case-sensitive
            Display a notification while the game list is being refreshed
            Game list no longer refreshes automatically when Cemu is restarted

general: Friend list support
           Covers most friend features that are used by games
           Wii U friend list app also supported and can be used to manage friends

general: Faster loading time of Cemu when many graphic packs are installed
general: Fixed syntax of settings.xml

input: Added native wiimote support (as separate input provider)

CPU/JIT: Added support for branches with a destination outside of the current scope of the recompiled function

zlib(rpl): Added API compressBound

nlibcurl: Fixed various bugs in multi_perform API

nsysnet: Added API gethostbyaddr, NSSLAddServerPKIExternal

:arrow: Official Site

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Same as garbanzox here, windows 10's bt protocol is useless for wiimote connection and without dolphin's intervention. It's a good step tho, as if booting Dolphin at the same time there's a chance that Cemu detects it despite not being able to receive any input from it

Sent from my 1DS with B9S using Discord Nitro

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimote support is great, but the more important question: How well can it currently run with GTX 1080 Ti, or whatever is currently the most powerful GPU?

briantho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Now, about the only thing left for me to get fully invested in BOTW for CEMU is save states. They work great in dolphin, can't wait to see save states working in Cemu. But wiimote support is pretty cool still.

D

DeletedMember411838

So dont know if anyone has mentioned it yet. However for me, 1.12 completely broke Multiplayer in both Mariokart and Super Smash Bros. I use 4 Xbox One controllers, they worked fine in 1.11.6, updated to 1.12, and they dont register in the game at all.

I have tried all emulation options (though I usually use pro controllers) and no go.

The controllers do show up and work in the input settings screen. However in game, they no longer function.

Also to be sure I reinstalled 1.11.6, they work fine. I then reinstalled 1.12 again to try again, nope. So no im going back to 1.11.6 again.

Last edited by ,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Noctosphere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.