Emulation Wii U Drive Emulation

Tres_Tigers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I was wondering, if there was a way in which there is a way to use ISO files, and to run them as a virtual disk drive to replace the drive built into the Wii U?
Therefore, tricking the Wii U into thinking it has the disk and being using virtual drive and the physical one by swapping between which one you want to use?

Reactions: TonyNESgri

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
not really, you could probably get something working if you had a hacked wii u already, but then that would negate the point of a ode in the 1st place, someone down the line might be able to make some sort of ODE for the wii u, but i wouldnt count on it any time soon, people did similar things on the 360 and in recent years more odes for older consoles like dreamcase and wii u and other older console have popped up, but wii u is too new i think for anyone to really care about making a device, and even then given the low install base for wii u an ODE would probably cost few hundred to make up for low production runs

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder if a CAT-DEV unit has this function build-in and if it would be possible to "port" that to retail units.

I'm talking about the old CAT_DEVs, so these:
hqdefault.jpg

Not these "new" ones:
Nintendo-Wii-U-Development-Kit-CAT-DEV.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/