Hardware Wii U disk drive noises.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems nintendo consoles hate me. So my little bro dropped my wii u and ever since then every time i insert a disk my wii u keeps making a loud grinding noise. Anyone know what the issue is? The disks load up and work fine though.

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It only makes a grinding noise when a disk is placed in other wise its quiet. Can i replace the drive?
Only when you shove a disc in? Then it might be ok, as long as it doesn't actually grind discs haha.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets hope. Im gonna send it in to nintendo and ask for their diagnosis. Hopefully after they tell me i can try the repair myself.

Keep in mind, if you've done any hacking on it (including on the vWii) they're most likely going to just send it back unlooked at (beyond whatever method they use to detect hacks) with a letter chastising you for being naughty.

If you've never hacked it at all, never mind, just most people here probably have at least hacked vWii.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Keep in mind, if you've done any hacking on it (including on the vWii) they're most likely going to just send it back unlooked at (beyond whatever method they use to detect hacks) with a letter chastising you for being naughty.

If you've never hacked it at all, never mind, just most people here probably have at least hacked vWii.
i havent hacked vwii no.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone else know what the issue might be? im a noob with the wii u hardware so im pretty afraid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1