Hacking Wii U crashes at black redNAND screen

WiiFoundLove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi!

My Wii U crashesat the black redNAND screen. IOSU Hax loads fine, i can launch the homebrew channel, choose the CFW Booter, and launch redNAND. I see the red schreen, than the black one which displays "Welcome to redNAND!", than the music stops and my Wii U crashes. Until today morning it worked fined, but now it doesn't, and i don't know why.

Any idea? Can I repair my redNAND or do i have to create a new one? Is there a way to save/recover my savegames? Thanx...

Last edited by WiiFoundLove,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

My Wii U crashesat the black redNAND screen. IOSU Hax loads fine, i can launch the homebrew channel, choose the CFW Booter, and launch redNAND. I see the red schreen, than the black one which displays "Welcome to redNAND!", than the music stops and my Wii U crashes. Until today morning it worked fined, but now it doesn't, and i don't know why.

Any idea? Can I repair my redNAND or do i have to create a new one? Is there a way to save my savegames? Thanx...
First of all why on earth are you using rednand its outdated and only of use nowadays for homebrew devs pretty much nobody on this site recommends using it due to the fact its so unstable and very prone to curupting as you have found out. Secondly if you have not been regularly backing up the rednand to your pc you are prerty much screwed. Forget rednand and use a cfw and install your games to sysmenu either on nand or usb storage its a lot safer to do this than rednand.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

WiiFoundLove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I've used redNAND since it was available for my firmware. It worked fine until today, so there was no reason to use something else. So there are any tools to recover the save games? :/

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used redNAND since it was available for my firmware. It worked fine until today, so there was no reason to use something else. So there are any tools to recover the save games? :/
As @Marko76 says, unless you made regular backups of your redNAND on your PC there's not much you can do to recover. This is why I never recommended redNAND. Even when it was the only iosu hack available. SD cards are prone to corruption and redNAND is even worse. It only takes one time.

It's kind of like saying, "My car engine has been working great ever since I got it but today it threw a rod!"

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1