Status
Not open for further replies.

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
May it's "just" a vWii homebrew loader which is able to take use and start programme with the extra power of the wiiu in vWii mode.

D

Deletedmember331810

To clear up some misconceptions, this has nothing to do with either 30c3 talk. I assume it's going to be stupid warez, seeing where it was announced.

For sure. Considering the sources, the only thing those fools care about is playing games for free. They could care less about Linux or REAL homebrew applications, they just want to steal and play games they did not buy. I hope this turns out to be garbage. The last thing the Wii U needs is a bunch of piracy and morons running the show...

EDIT:

I will be more than happy to eat my words if I am wrong...

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talk about general. I looked at both links. I know of Ukey BUT aside from f0f nobody else has PUBLICLY stated they did any work with the Wii U. Not on common websites anyway. Like other said, it would be interesting to see specifics here. Not details or a guide at this point but some PROOF. Did tri-core linux team have some big progress they've kept quiet? I wonder if it will be like the ps3 was with the dongles (ps3 was not my choice, I had the 360 instead). Hmmmmm......

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For sure. Considering the sources, the only thing those fools care about is playing games for free. They could care less about Linux or REAL homebrew applications, they just want to steal and play games they did not buy. I hope this turns out to be garbage. The last thing the Wii U needs is a bunch of piracy and morons running the show...

EDIT:

You do realize that piracy has never single-handedly killed any given game console, right? But yes, Linux could be useful in app development though. There is no irrefutable evidence to show that a console has died as a result of piracy, and the PS2, NDS and Wii are proof of that. And for the record, I'm one of the few people on here who doesn't give a rat's ass about being able to load warez loaders.

Why release a software hack when a hardware hack makes money ? :)

Screw that. Softmods are a lot better IMHO.

GregoryRasputin

The PS3 Scenes Most Hated Person
Banned
Trophies
Website
playstationhax.it
XP
Country
To clear up some misconceptions, this has nothing to do with either 30c3 talk. I assume it's going to be stupid warez, seeing where it was announced.

EDIT:

WiiUHaX is not a Warez site, i created the site to talk about Wii U hacking and other Wii U news, not to promote warez.

Same as PS3HaX, its a site related to PS3 hacks and mods, when it comes to warez I'm against them and i despise ODDE's.

I buy all my games, the ones i haven't bought myself, my wife has bought, all the software on PC i have paid for, all the app's on my Tablet and phone are paid for, so i care nothing for warez...

Hermpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
they went to nintendo first, nintendo said, he're a bunch of cash , wait with this news until we need to get rid of our stock
this is the moment :D

Reactions: ShonenJump

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems fishy to me, I'll believe it when I see it :D

But I though team f0f stated they won't be talking about anything related to any exploits or how to get said exploits....?

I'd wager this "coming soon" information is almost certainly related to the 30C3 talks. The first of those links states:
Next, we will cover two different approaches that we used to attack the Wii U system. The focus will be on how our results were achieved instead of on what those results are, so you can reproduce the attacks at home. Along the way we'll describe the Wii U's security architecture.

On an unrelated, off-topic matter, how do you always manage to screw up the formatting in your posts so that the font ends up being blue (thus making the text illegible on the dark theme)? It's been bugging me for weeks now! :P

GregoryRasputin

The PS3 Scenes Most Hated Person
Banned
Trophies
Website
playstationhax.it
XP
Country
It Could be !!!!!
WiiU Brew Dongle
WiiU Brew Channel
WiiU Brew ODE
WiiU Brew ModChip
WiiU Brew SoftMode Hack

We have to Wait , i WANT too see Also

ODDE's and Dongles sucks ass, so as long as it isn't any of that, i will be happy.

sven42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'd wager this "coming soon" information is almost certainly related to the 30C3 talks. The first of those links states:

On an unrelated, off-topic matter, how do you always manage to screw up the formatting in your posts so that the font ends up being blue (thus making the text illegible on the dark theme)? It's been bugging me for weeks now! :P

No, it's not. That statement is misleading at best - it talks about thing like the tri core in vwii mode. Whatever this alleged homebrew method is - it is completely unrelated to fail0verflow and/or any of the two talks at ccc.

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it is an exploit, and they know that other people could find it. Why would they be upset?
That's what happened with the Trucha bug on the Wii, and the STM release bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y