wiiuretygjh2.jpg
Retail

Reactions: jammybudga777

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still seems like an awful lot of work just to pull a prank, then again I've never understood these types of pranks anyways.

Bottom line, if it's real, no matter what they show there will always be people that say it's fake until it's released. If it's fake, we'll find out soon enough.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesnt matter, DEVkits are maybe just easier to find the exploit. It doesnt necessarily mean that the hack wont work on the retail.

read it back to yourself...........DEVKITTTTT what do you think it does compaired to a retail wii u???? oh ye u can develope on them........

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry what part of my comment said that???

Well considering you said it to contradict the statement you quoted, it seemed to imply that.

If it is a fake, all everyone is doing now is feeding their massive egos and giving them even more shits and giggles. If it's real they really have nothing to prove to anyone because it's real and we'll all see that in time.

All we can do is wait and see but this argument that it's a fake because they are using a Devkit is really moronic. If they weren't using a devkit to develop an exploit, I would be skeptical. The fact that they are supports their claims, IMHO.

marcan_troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you honestly believe that hacks are developed on retail consoles?

Hackers who rely on dev consoles as a way in before they can find an exploit are poor hackers.

None of us ever had a dev console until the Wii was thoroughly broken (full disclosure: at one point someone managed to get an NDEV for kicks, but it was well after everything had been opened up and we never relied on it for anything).
And certainly none of us has a Wii U devkit and we still completely owned it in a month.

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hackers who rely on dev consoles as a way in before they can find an exploit are poor hackers.

None of us ever had a dev console until the Wii was thoroughly broken (full disclosure: at one point someone managed to get an NDEV for kicks, but it was well after everything had been opened up and we never relied on it for anything).
And certainly none of us has a Wii U devkit and we still completely owned it in a month.

Personally I could care less how they get it or if it makes them poor hackers. In every scene, except the Wii apparently, devkits have been used to find and build exploits. It's great that f0f did not have to do this, but then again, f0f is not doing anything for the Wii U scene right now as far as homebrew goes, so your "hack" is pretty much useless right now....

I'm not saying if this is real or fake, what I am saying is that speculating that it's fake solely because they are using a devkit gamepad is completely idiotic.

Reactions: Henke

marcan_troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I could care less how they get it or if it makes them poor hackers. In every scene, except the Wii apparently, devkits have been used to find and build exploits. It's great that f0f did not have to do this, but then again, f0f is not doing anything for the Wii U scene right now as far as homebrew goes, so your "hack" is pretty much useless right now....

I'm not saying if this is real or fake, what I am saying is that speculating that it's fake solely because they are using a devkit gamepad is completely idiotic.
Last I checked, the PS3 exploits also had nothing to do with devkits. Nor the DS WiFi exploit. Nor the PS2 Independence exploit. I don't recall the 360 scene relying on devkit units to start up either (though I could be wrong, I never followed that one). Nor the DSi one. And the iPhone hackers sure as hell don't have Apple's secret testing iPhones.

Note that devkit hardware is different from devkit software. Leaked devkit software has been used to gather information (and sometimes to illegally build software - e.g. on the Xbox 1) to develop hacks quite often, but that's very different from having devkit hardware.

Running a demo on a devkit proves precisely nothing. They know this. They (unsuccessfully) hid the fact that it's a devkit. That demonstrates intent to deceive. Put those two together and you get a big flashing neon red arrow pointing towards it being a fake. Of course it could still be real, just like your mom could've secretly hacked the Wii U and not told anyone - but the available evidence is more negative than positive.

If this is real and they really are using a devkit to develop an exploit, and their exploit is really applicable and would work on a retail WIi U, they're both lame hackers and clueless about how to plausibly demonstrate their work (plus they have very bad taste - the whole video presentation is stupid).

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
my bad ill be a bit more pollite. how about you go do something usefull for the homebrew scene instead of holdin your hand out like your owed it
people whinging and bitching about using a dev kit to hack the wiiu is just hilarious. so fucking what if it can be done than that's how it's going to be done. there are no rules in hacking they can use and do whatever the fuck they want. if it makes them lame hackers than too fucking bad if they get it done than that's all the results people will CARE about.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
people whinging and bitching about using a dev kit to hack the wiiu is just hilarious. so fucking what if it can be done than that's how it's going to be done. there are no rules in hacking they can use and do whatever the fuck they want.

personally i dont really care myself. it is what ever it maybe...... but dont get all bitchy cos ive just told u too stop holding your hands out like ur owed it u mug..... also what dont u understand?? if its on a devkit then its very unlikely to work on the retail wii u. (my guess anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because I said you were big that one time you believed me
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The shameful part is, I fell so in love with her mask. If I could find the real woman she pretended to be I would die for her without a moments hesitation.
    Truly loved what was never there
    I would have fought demons, gods, armies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Be gentle, I've never done this before." What, biatch you got 3 kids already. Lol, I know loves sucks hard when bad, but really good when good.
    +2
    Lol BigOnYa I hear "I don't usually do sex on the first date" like every 2 to 3 weeks now...
    +1
    I never quite know how to respond lol
    Apparently saying nothing is the correct response lol
    I know they be lying but damn I need something
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You say " is your boyfriend gonna stay and watch, or should I call A cab for him"
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Psionic Roshambo I have alot of family that lives in St pete, Clearwater, Tampa area, what part of FL you in?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    what is good, family
    Elfers Florida lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Where is that, city close to
    Lived in Hudson from 1999-2023
    Like hmm 45 minutes north of Tampa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is nice down there, better than Ohio where I am, but I can't take the heat, year round
    Yeah the next 4 months pretty much suck
    Ohio I have been too a few times
    +1
    Born in Michigan and moved to Florida at 16 lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm near Columbus, suburbs called Hilliard.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    are you doxxing yourselves?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, I mean I'm in north Korea
    Lol Doxing is for people with something to hide
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Doxing is for people with something to hide