Wii u Black screen line

niva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello all. My concern is that after i mooded my Wii u via Tiramisu method i see a black screen line after i boot the console. And it stays there for 1 second and after that it disappears. So, have i done something wrong during the hacking or it is normal as should it be?

Thanks in advance

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes you get it also with Aroma. I think it doesn't matter which environment you launch. From my understanding it's caused by FailST, but I am not sure on that.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
IIRC it's caused by GX2Sploit which is an Exploit from CafeOS (PPC) to IOSU (ARM) via the framebuffer.
It's the same for both, Tiramisu and Aroma, as both use the exact same bootstrapping (exploit chain).
It's not caused by FailST. All FailST does ist patching unsigned executables into signed titles (payload loader into Health & Safety). This is just the first step of the exploit chain (giving CafeOS userspace code execution but from there it's a long way to IOSU kernelspace execution).

BTW: Aroma closed BETA and early Tiramisu releases showed a bit more graphical corruption but thanks to people asking if that's normal it has been reduced to a minimum by hiding most of it on a black screen (you can't see pixels corrupting to black on a black screen, right? ;)).

//EDIT: TL;Dr: It's caused by how Aroma and Tiramisu gain control over the system. It's nothing to worry about, instead see it as a Tiramisu splash screen showing that everything is working as intended.

Reactions: Ettino and SDIO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol