Wii U Battery

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by OfficialFBomb, Nov 16, 2016.

1. OfficialFBomb
    OP

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    I know there's an official battery larger then the 1500 th at comes with the console, I also know there is a Nyko larger battery but has reports of issues and I know there is Chinese knock offs that I'm not trusting.. What I don't know and hope someone does is what are they gray and white wires on the battery, obviously black is ground and red is positive..

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Probably i2c clock and data if the battery has a builtin smart regulator, or detection and temperature outputs if the logic is in the tablet itself, or something completely made up given the brand of these products...

3. OfficialFBomb
    OP

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    I assume it would not be easy to connect a different lipo battey since the wii u gamepad need those?

4. jerzmob

jerzmob GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2007
    United States
    I have that nyko battery extender. it's basically the same effect as the stock wii u pad battery. the thing drains when not in use. ninty...what a disappointment

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Well you could probably rip the electronics from an original battery and replace the cells with your pre-balanced 18650s in parallel, at least this works fine on 3DS (which actually has a charging time limit so you may need to unplug the charger at some points once you get over 3-4x the stock capacity lol)

6. OfficialFBomb
    OP

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Ah true true, all I need is the guts.. I plan to buy an extended battery just in case this does not work well and try this, thank you man