OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just recently i came across something stupid that sony has don't, and i know they have done stupid things before although this one is on them. It seems they are aware about the bungling of the ps3, and is now downgrading the system just to allow 100% emulation on it since there are no games out now. Mean that the people that paid full price for it in the beginning are screwed basically, and i know people are going to start to say how come they didn't do this from the start.
unsure.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
... that made very little sense. I have no idea what you're saying.

If you mean the article in the news today then basically the European PS3's won't play as many PS2 titles as they'd planned because they've changed the way how backwards compatability works on the European model. They haven't released any info about how many games won't work so we'll have to wait and see. But between the high price tag and the 4 month launch date delay Sony already had the odds stacked against them over here even before this mess.

[Edit] Wrong forum section: this should be in "Other consoles" cause it's about the PS3, not the Wii. (don't repost it, the mods'll move it if they think it's worth it but just remember in the future k thanx
smile.gif
)

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
This is just crap! Not that i would have played many ps2 games on it anyway, but at 120 dollars per game what choice do you have but to relive ps2 classics? what a complete screw up. Sony continue to disappoint me!

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Over at the ps3 backward compatibility web page it doesn't tell you whats going to work ps2 wise. You have to wait for the european release date on march 23rd. I smell a rat, and think that the ps3 will have less backward compatibility than the xbox 360. A month to go to release and GAME are still guaranteeing delivery on release day
laugh.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is just crap! Not that i would have played many ps2 games on it anyway, but at 120 dollars per game what choice do you have but to relive ps2 classics? what a complete screw up. Sony continue to disappoint me!
PS3 games don't cost 120 dollars...

anyway, it's a bad move from Sony...not only do europeans already pay much more for their PS3 (599€ = $786), but they're also getting a piece of hardware that's worth less than the american and japanese consoles...

I wonder how many europeans ordered a PS3 from America today
unsure.gif

region free console + 4 months of wait + higher price + worse hardware + other disappointments = many imports...

Sony could at least have adjusted the price to fit the lower production costs...there's basically a whole PS2 missing in the european PS3, after all...

Mortenga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just recently i came across something stupid that sony has don't, and i know they have done stupid things before although this one is on them. It seems they are aware about the bungling of the ps3, and is now downgrading the system just to allow 100% emulation on it since there are no games out now. Mean that the people that paid full price for it in the beginning are screwed basically, and i know people are going to start to say how come they didn't do this from the start.
unsure.gif

I thought we were meant to speak english on these forums..

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i decided a long time ago i would not be buying a ps3 because of all there crap. Sony was my favorite aswell
cry.gif
. well i was in the middle i enjoyed all the companys but if i got forced to pick before it would have to be sony but not anymore. im getting a wii soon so time will tell who i prefer microsoft or nintendo
cool.gif
no flaming me for saying i used to like sony the best
laugh.gif

Resident0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the PS3 games are cheap.

39.99 in stores, the 360 of the same game is 49.99

ten quid cheaper!

give it a while and online retailers will be putting them out at 29.99!

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want a PS3 in the UK they are still guaranteeing delivery. Its only got 2 more weeks before its released. If they haven't sold out by now, it looks like the PS3 may bomb in europe as well.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a PS3 in the UK they are still guaranteeing delivery. Its only got 2 more weeks before its released. If they haven't sold out by now, it looks like the PS3 may bomb in europe as well.
My friend works in Gamestation in Rayliegh and says their PS3 stock has all gone, but every shop that sold consoles I went into on Tuesday people were asking when there will be more Wii's, the people on the tills said they didnt know and offered reserve PS3 and they all turned it down, 2 people then went on to buy a 360! Some are going for PSP's and DS's instead.

I still keep getting the feeling that Sony are trying to fail to try and phase out console distribution, but that sounds kinda silly really. I still think its gonna be a success though.

Nintendo should really try and get a lot of Wii's out for the launch of PS3.

Edit: Been looking around and fount this:

"Play.com's head games buyer, Gian Luzio, commented that demand for the PS3 on its site has been phenomenal. He said, "The Sony PS3 has preordered six times more than the Xbox 360 in this period before launch, and 15 times more than the Wii. So it's the most preordered console yet.""

And then if you look on this site theres one thing saying its doing very well and then another saying it isnt. And thats basically what I keep finding, maybe the shops who are saying its doing well are trying to drumb up a bit of hype hoping that people would think the PS3 is what everyone want

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want a PS3 in the UK they are still guaranteeing delivery.  Its only got 2 more weeks before its released.  If they haven't sold out by now, it looks like the PS3 may bomb in europe as well.

My friend works in Gamestation in Rayliegh and says their PS3 stock has all gone, but every shop that sold consoles I went into on Tuesday people were asking when there will be more Wii's, the people on the tills said they didnt know and offered reserve PS3 and they all turned it down, 2 people then went on to buy a 360! Some are going for PSP's and DS's instead.

I think most of its hype with the ps3. Even AOL had buy the PS3 before its sold out. No shop should still have them in stock with 2 weeks to go. As for the Nintendo wii, I don't know whats going on. Its been out 3 months and its still nearly impossible to get one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-