Hacking Wii Theme Team Creations

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
diddy81 said:
make the darkwii theme in to a csm
then be sure that you have unchecked your menu in the options-->standard system menu
add the wide fix mym in to thememii ...

havin' a few probs....
darkwii wide health patch unzipped as mym.ini and a .brlyt file
I altered the mym.ini to mym.mym, unchecked sysmenu as above, dragged into themeMii and got:

error - cant find central directory

where am I going wrong?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
fatherjack said:
diddy81 said:
make the darkwii theme in to a csm
then be sure that you have unchecked your menu in the options-->standard system menu
add the wide fix mym in to thememii ...

havin' a few probs....
darkwii wide health patch unzipped as mym.ini and a .brlyt file
I altered the mym.ini to mym.mym, unchecked sysmenu as above, dragged into themeMii and got:

error - cant find central directory

where am I going wrong?
are you using internet explorer ??
IE sees a mym as a zip and automatically changes it to one

just rename the .zip to .mym

the ini and the brlyt should be in the zip (mym)

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, sexy looking themes.
tongue.gif

However the links aren't working for me. The adfly page loads, but I can never get to the download.
unsure.gif

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried internet explorer
ive also found adfly links work well in jdownloader

or tell me the ones your after and i could pm you the links

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Yeah. I always try different browsers. I tried Chrome, FireFox, and IE, no dice. It's just the theme links that don't work for me, the "small tutorial" link works.

Edit: I just can't seem to get to the downloads, no matter what I try. I don't usually have problems.

If you you could send me links that would be nice. I'm looking to get all the DarkWii edits (PAL4.x Versions, the 2 spinning outline mym's and the wide health patch. (A lot of links I know
unsure.gif
)

Edit 2: So, I've finally found the problem, Filesonic will not load on my connection, without using a proxy. But unfortunately, Adfly doesnt like proxys.
frown.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think there may be a couple issues with some of the themes. i have downloaded darkwii_darkblue.4.xU.mym from the link in the first post. then i have applied it to a USA system menu.app, from 4.0 or higher.

the first thing i see that looks like it might be an error is the path "FIX/COMMON/ESRB/ESRB_FRA". in the normal system menu, there is "FIX/COMMON/ESRB" and "FIX/COMMON/ESRB_FRA". but in your theme, the second folder is inside the first one.

you can see the different here. the left is a system menu with your theme applied, and the right is an untouched system menu.
wiithemefail.png

to confirm the correct path, i loaded the html and .app in question in an emulator and tried to get it to display these images. i went in the settings to the parental controls in the untouched system menu and in the version with your theme applied. you can see that the normal system menu is able to load the image, but the themed one is not

wiithemefail1.png

wiithemefail2.png

and the tool is spitting out this error
Code:
U8::GetData "/FIX/COMMON/ESRB_FRA/M.gif" was not found in the archive

also, i was messing around and i tried to change the country settings with the themed system menu. when I click the country button, the emulator spits out an error and then dies.
Code:
U8::GetData "/FIX/US/ENG/Country/EU_Country_flame.html" was not found in the archive

there is a file called "US_Country_flame.html" in that path. so it looks like either the html needs changed, or the filename inside the archive needs changed. but the way it is now, it tries to load a page that isnt there.

maybe somebody can confirm these things that has the theme installed on their wii.
darkwii blue USA 4.0+, country settings will probably give the opera error and you cant see the parental rating images if your wii is set to use french

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well not sure how to build or whats involved in building, but is this the reason why when i tried the orange an the blue , thememii spits out the arror code, ash file missing?
the others work great but these two.

Spencer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted on one of the videos but anyone know how to fix this problem?

i.imgur.com/03WIX.jpg

I get that white bar over the time, I don't know why, it's on almost all themes I try, and it drives me crazy personally because I know some of you would be fine with it but not me.

Anyone have any solutions for this stupid issue?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks to be a couple of burnt pixels, i don't have this on any of my themes from diddy. an i'm sure if others have had this diddy would know, an fix it.asap. try playing with your tv settings an see if it goes away. or try an grap a different theme an see if it is there. but i'm sure it will not be.

Spencer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
looks to be a couple of burnt pixels, i don't have this on any of my themes from diddy. an i'm sure if others have had this diddy would know, an fix it.asap. try playing with your tv settings an see if it goes away. or try an grap a different theme an see if it is there. but i'm sure it will not be.

I don't think so, the bar isn't there on my red theme or my black pirate theme. But for some reason if I use any of the DarkWii themes and build them into a CSM there is that bar only on those though.

Can someone PM me a CSM for the dark wii blue, and green? If someone does make sure its for a 4.2U Wii. I want to try someone elses CSM they make as all the ones I make always have that bar there, except for the blackpirate CSM I downloaded, and this darkwii red CSM I got from Mod Mii Windows, though the green CSM from mod mii has the bar, and so does any that I build from my .app and .mym files.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
there are no edits to the clock between the red and all the other color themes
ive really got no idea why yours does that

i would suggest trying it on a different tv and if its still there then pm me and ill send you a csm to test

Spencer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so far I've got it to work for Dark Wii red, and the pirate theme. I've tried all the dark wii themes, all of them do that except red. Although I need no help anymore as I am happy with the pirate one
smile.gif
. Thanks for everyones replies.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Finally got the files I wanted!

But I have one question.

I want to make a csm with a darkwii theme, the spinning outline, and the wide health patch.

Which order do I add them?

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
One final question, how would I do that with Thememii? I can make the .csm, but how do i add the extra's.

previously I was using MyMenu, but that doesnt wanna work on my netbook

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)