Hacking Wii Theme Team Creations

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
make the darkwii theme in to a csm
then be sure that you have unchecked your menu in the options-->standard system menu
add the wide fix mym in to thememii and click create
a window will open asking for the base app to use
in the filename text box type a * and hit enter the window will now show all files not just .app files
select the daikwii csm you made before and hit open
then you get the save window call the new csm what you want add hit save
now install the new csm with mymenuify

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Thanks diddy.

I can now enjoy your themes!
biggrin.gif

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
there are some tutorial off site (sorry cant remember where) but they are quite out of date

the best thing i can suggest is to get a theme open it and start replacing the png files inside it

theres also the Wii Theme Team Creation Station which has a template and tools needed but yet again its abit out dated

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
can i create my own themes ? If iuse my own pics ?/ is there an app for that ?
thememii is the only app that lets you change the pics in a mym
however i find it much easyer to extract the mym (its just a renamed zip file) and swap the files there then pack it back up

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thx , is there step by step instructions for a Dont know what the hell im doing or what mym or how to swap the files there then pack it back up.
theres a small tut in thememii but i would find a theme with the hacks you want then just extract the mym if it has lots of folders inside with .png files it will be easy just swap the pics

but if it just has ash files or files with no extention thats harder

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thx , is there step by step instructions for a Dont know what the hell im doing or what mym or how to swap the files there then pack it back up.
theres a small tut in thememii but i would find a theme with the hacks you want then just extract the mym if it has lots of folders inside with .png files it will be easy just swap the pics

but if it just has ash files or files with no extention thats harder

or TPL files (not quite as hard as ASH files, but harder than PNG).

Ryuzaku Dogame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i would like to thank you for making this thread but also i would like more zelda themes. the one i downloaded is awesome but i would like to have one that had the Hylian Royal Crest as the cursor and a skyward sword pic on the health screen. if someone is willing to make this for me, then i will provide my MYM file and the images that i want in the theme.

ps. i look up how to make a wii theme and it looked like a big hassle that i didnt want to deal with. im only asking because i think that me along with other zelda fans would like it, but i can only speculate as to what others want

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey i would like to thank you for making this thread but also i would like more zelda themes. the one i downloaded is awesome but i would like to have one that had the Hylian Royal Crest as the cursor and a skyward sword pic on the health screen. if someone is willing to make this for me, then i will provide my MYM file and the images that i want in the theme.

ps. i look up how to make a wii theme and it looked like a big hassle that i didnt want to deal with. im only asking because i think that me along with other zelda fans would like it, but i can only speculate as to what others want

if those are the only changes you want pm me the pics and the mym and i would be happy to change them for you

midwest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great thread
Thanks a lot for all the hard work people have done

If I can make a request....
I notice that many of the themes have modified disc channels. It seems to me that there are several other channels that are also on everyone's Wii and should be modded in a similar fashion
Most notibly the Mii channel stands out in a negative way on a dark themed wii
The Internet Channel and Homebrew Channels are other examples of channels that 99% of wii's with modded themes have. There are already plenty of people with double forwarders of the homebrew channel with darker colors. I suppose you could run into problems with people having different versions of the HBC and different cersions of the various channels in different regions; but I'm not an expert
Also the news, weather, and nintendo channels are others that could be done but many people (like myself) have deleted them

I would LOVE to see a 4.x dark blue theme with a dark themed Mii channel. Doing the homebrew and internet channels would just be bonus

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Disc channel is themed because it is not a channel, and is in fact part of the System Menu. (Theming replaces one file from the System Menu, the file containing all the images and other graphic-related resources). With conventional theming it is not possible to theme any true channel. To do that, you need to dump a channel as a WAD, replace the banner, and then reinstall it.

A while back I did read on another forum a suggestion from someone for an app for theming channels (basically an app to replace the banners of installed channels, much like MyMenuify replaces the .app from SM containing the graphics resources), but I'm pretty sure nothing ever came of that.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I know cwstjdenobs built an app that does the opposite. I think he called it "channel updater", it would update the content of a channel, not the banner\icon. I don't think he ever publicly released it or even refined it out of its beta form (when I last saw it, it only worked for one channel). But yea, I agree with you, in theory it shouldn't be that difficult to do something similar. :D

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well something like that should be reasonably easily modified for the purposes I described I think. Just a case of replacing a different content in the title.

midwest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I figured there might be some kind of issue...otherwise someone would have probably already done it

Still would love to see it
Like I said I know a lot of people already have a second homebrew forwarder on their system, so there is certainly a demand for doing it.
As far as the homebrew channel...since you can't delete the original if you put a second forwarder with your choice of graphics on your wii...
does that mean that the hbc is part of system menu and could be modified in a similar manner to the disc channel

Sorry if my questions are noobish, I don't know programming, I'm a guide follower

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the only channel that can be edited in a theme is the disk channel any forwarders that you install are not part of the system menu
the reason you cant delete the HBC if you have a custom graphic HBC forwarder is that the forwarder needs it installed so it has something to load

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZLRDMXX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=...