Hacking Wii System Menu is Slowing down...

Karpador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my wii the day after Christmas (launch year) which was then sent to Nintendo a month later because of a disk drive issue. March of the following year, homebrew was a new thing and everything still remained fine. About no more then 2 months after the homebrew channel came out that looked "nice" i realized that it took about 3 seconds longer- just by listening to the music after hitting start. I didnt think anything of it, even though it was also happening to my other channels. Now, it takes a minimum of 30 extra seconds to boot a channel, go to the settings or the mail. I feel like its going to keep getting slower & slower until it stops...

Anyone know...
1. What is causing this problem.
2. Have this problem.
3. Know how to solve this problem.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you could try reinstalling the System Menu?

But if you do try that, be smart about it plz. Don't go installing the wrong version/wrong region and all that crap.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
i'm experiencing a bit of lag with nintendo channel and mario kart channel

i don't think it's related to homebrew tho, couse once i restored a clean nand backup and everything were exactly the same.

EDIT: i made some tests, and i also think i misunderstood Karpador.

first of all
what do you mean by "slow channel loading?"

couse for some channels (like mario kart wii channel) i'm experiencing a sort of framerate drop (slow down) when i open the channel by clicking on it, so the channel takes a bit longer then others to become fullscreen and show the banner.

but i've also noticed that if i take that channel and move it to an empty dashboard (moving it on the right where i din't have other channels) it starts fast and at a normal speed like other channels do.
so i cam to the conclusion that the mario kart channel is a bit "heavier" in the banner then other channels, and if there are a lot of animations on the screen (i have the first part of the channel index full) it may experience a framerate drop.

i don't think it's anything related to your problem anyway.

Karpador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by slow channel loading, i mean after i click start it takes 30+ seconds to actually start. this happens if i try to start a channel immediately after turning on the wii, or returning to the system menu. If i have sat in the menu for those 30+ seconds it then acts like normal. also, if i hit wii menu instead of start the system hangs for those 30 seconds before returning to the menu.

Edit: it doesnt matter where i put the channel, even if i through one on the last page, it still acts up. its not the banner thats slow.

Raul83

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey Karpador the same is happening to my wii, it takes about 15-20 seconds to load up the messages from the message board from the moment the menu appears on screen and the same goes for loading a channel.

I thought I was the only one with a "slow" wii cause I have hacked 4 of them and none of them present that same issue.

It is a launch wii, installed homebrew channel, cIOS 249, 222, 223 and bootmii. Also USB loader gx channel. Nothing else. Also it takes much more time than before to load the banners from the channels in settings.

Karpador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have everything the same except i know its not USb loader causing the problem because i just got it 2 weeks ago. Homebrew and USB loader GX are my only hacked channels atm.

Raul83

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dont know man... I allways though it was something related to the messages and photos in the message board taking their time to load up so no channel could be loaded until the menu was "ready"? Guess ereasing all the messages would solve the problem?

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
don't worry

I have the same problem since june 2007 and didn't have install any homebrew in 2007

When i click on channel and START, they taking like 15 second to load..

My wii was clean and always do that

Now it's softmodded and doing the same thing !!!

I didn't worry

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had much experience with older wii's, my aunts wii is a close to launch wii and i can tell, just by using it the hardware is different from mine. mine is about 2 years old. this sounds like a hardware failure, maybe the nand is bad. install bootmii as ios and see how many bad blocks you have on your nand, maybe that can help draw a conclusion. this is all just a guess, i'm not an expert on the wii hardware just tying to throw ideas out there.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it all channels or just some channels? i see the nintendo channel and the mario kart channel mentioned. both of those rely on the internet. have you given any thought to that? or does this happen to channels that dont use nintendo's shitty servers?

Linkweskerleon77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lately that has been happening to me too, but I installed system menu 4.2 then back to 3.2 and it significantly Stopped the slow loading. and I erased the bad blocks in the nand and all that good stuff. Also the suggestion about erasing the old messages, youshould try that because it's probably using up the ram or hdd of the wii. I'm just saying though, it could be different...

Karpador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant go through 3 years of messages... i suppose i could make another nand dump and format my wii (after backing up all my saves with the backup disk)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9PJJRe1g2Y