Hacking Wii system menu has deflicker option somewhere...

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2008
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
659
Trophies
1
Age
46
XP
1,397
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi
I don't know if someone else has noticed this but under certain circunstances the system menu runs with some sort of deflicker filter. The effect is very subtle,
Go to Wii message board, click your Wii friend list, then exit, that way the deflicker goes off, you can notice a sharper image, at least I can notice it I'm using component cables.

I notice too that apps like bootmii runs with deflicker off, in fact if you boot the Wii system menu through bootmii the deflicker affects to system menu too (until you hit the home "return to Wii menu").
It's strange that Nintendo choose leave the deflicker on, it looks a little blurry, deflicker off looks way better IMO. If only could be any way to patch system menu to run all the time with deflicker off =P
 
Not that I tried it or anything, but maybe it could be related to the "screensaver" setting?
 
No, it's not the screensaver.
What I mean is that the option is not available BUT though a patch we could change the deficker "option" that is in somewhere hidden in sysmenu
 
Try 4:3 ratio settings , set your tv accordingly.
You will have the sharpest image available for all your games. ( and menu )
It was the way the wii was meant to be played, just like most Gamecube games.
And you will loose the deflicker, that is only present in 16:9.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted