dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
is there any way to increase the wii's system memory?

I want to install some wiiware but I only have about 130 blocks free.
sure I haven't deleted anything for the past 4 years but save data is like 2-3 blocks each!

maybe I could run wiiware though my sd card without installing them to the wii's memory?

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
dysan said:

sure I haven't deleted anything for the past 4 years but save data is like 2-3 blocks each!

maybe I could run wiiware though my sd card without installing them to the wii's memory?

I run all my Wiiware directly off my SD card...no fancy sneek/ triiforce needed! Also there are like 20 pages for your Wiiware on the SD card menu so very hard to fully fill up!

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
luminalace said:
dysan said:

I run all my Wiiware directly off my SD card...no fancy sneek/ triiforce needed! Also there are like 20 pages for your Wiiware on the SD card menu so very hard to fully fill up!
Lies! It does not directly run from SD Card
rolleyes.gif
it is copied from SD Card to the wii systeml memory and then launched, when you start another game from the SD the old one is deletec from the system memory (if you are talking about sd card menu)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luminalace said:
dysan said:

No you don't. You may think you do, but you don't. In actual fact, it is copied to the system memory first, then run, then deleted from system memory. Which may wear out system memory and sd card, copying back and forth often.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SifJar said:
No you don't. You may think you do, but you don't. In actual fact, it is copied to the system memory first, then run, then deleted from system memory. Which may wear out system memory and sd card, copying back and forth often.
It doesn't delete it after you exit the game afaik, it overwrites it when you copy something else (aka play another game from the SD card menu).
Unless that's what you meant.

The NAND is designed to be rewritten countless times, but of course it won't last forever...

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys my mistake...it does get loaded in System memory first but I play my Wiiware alot and have never had any problems!

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you could go and check the savegames again
while most games are 100
sadly I dont remember which

edit: just rememberd eledes was a big one

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ssbb is like 128 blocks i think possibly more, super rugby league is 128 or more. there was one that 218 that i had deleted but cant remember which one. the how to connect to the net channel is huge as well if u have that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head