Hacking Wii system corrupt

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hielkenator said:
Of course it crashes: you picked Belgium as country. It 's doomed to fail!
...the game will probably work again when we finally get a government together.
tongue.gif

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys sure that reinstalling ios60 is fixing this issue? Have you tried just letting the wii sit unplugged for a few minutes? Ios60 must be working just fine to load the channel menu, then crash with error.

Also, my kids play that game without issue.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I tried producing this problem with my 4.2E with PAL version of the game in Wiiflow. Went into 500m skating with Amy, exited using home and it returns to Wii menu fine. If its happening on any SM (with and without Priiloader) then surely it can't be an IOS issue, and if its happening on Wiiflow & CFG yet others aren't able to reproduce this problem then I would probably say its a bad rip.

Have you tried changing the SM IOS in Priiloader to see what happens?

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bazamuffin said:
I tried producing this problem with my 4.2E with PAL version of the game in Wiiflow. Went into 500m skating with Amy, exited using home and it returns to Wii menu fine. If its happening on any SM (with and without Priiloader) then surely it can't be an IOS issue, and if its happening on Wiiflow & CFG yet others aren't able to reproduce this problem then I would probably say its a bad rip.

Without prii loader I can make it happen...
I'll try to gointo maintanance mode and make a New rip.

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hielkenator said:
bazamuffin said:

Without prii loader I can make it happen...
I'll try to gointo maintanance mode and make a New rip.

I can get into maintanance mode. Everything works except the message board obviously.
Here's something strange: If i press home from mantanance mode SM and press return to SM, I again get the error.
There must be an .app file corrupt that is'nt used by the maintanace mode but is usedby the normal SM.
Or do they use different ios?

It does'nt fix the problem as someone suggested... sadly.

EDIT: Wiibackup manager has'nt found any problems on this game.
MD5 checksout fine.

Is this something similar?

http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-issues...y-plz-help.html

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely and baselessly just throwing this in the open:

In maintenance mode you cannot access the message board and by extension, the gameplay logs. Maybe the usb loader or something else is recording an invalid log ID which is detected before the system menu boots, as opposed to a banner brick which occurs when the system menu executes the banner?

codmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simple,you can boot HBC,right??if you can use modmii to install a system menu wad according to your region,then install it using wad manager
and voila!

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
codmaster said:
simple,you can boot HBC,right??if you can use modmii to install a system menu wad according to your region,then install it using wad manager
and voila!

? have you even read this thread?

The problem is'nt how to fix it.
It's about where it comes from.

And FYI installing a fresh system menu doesn't help. Installing a new system ios does.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QPQwx0Ao4AQUOTE(XFlak @ Feb 21 2011, 11:16 AM) do u have any custom channels installed? like forwarder channels, those can sometimes lead to the system files corrupted message. If so, delete them one by one until u determine which channel was causing the problem.
As XFlak predicted earlier, your Wii is full of custom channels. Try uninstalling them and see if that fixes the problem. As I mentioned earlier, the problem seems to be specific to your Wii or your particular backup of the game.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My Wii only has the ModMii USB Loader forwarder channel and the same problem with 2 different rips of a different game. Reinstalling IOS60 fixes it for me as well, haven't tried service mode yet.

nightwaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. Bit of an over-reaction going on here. The Wii corrupt system files message can occur on this game and on Wii Fit Plus. It happens on all USB loaders. The solution it to unplug from the wall. Leave it 30 seconds or so then plug back in. Works every time for me. One subtle difference from the problem being reported is that the problem is intermittent. It can work fine on a couple of plays, then press home to go back to the main menu and it pops up the message.

This problem has been reported before but as far as I know, a solution has not been forthcoming!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cobleman said:
What patches are you guys applying to ios60 when you reinstall it?

Not completely sure TBH, the one that ModMii installs when you choose to mod your Wii. It probably has been patched.
@nightwaxon: Even if that is true (haven't tested it) it's very annoying to have to unplug your Wii every time you want to play a certain game.

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nightwaxon said:
Wow. Bit of an over-reaction going on here. The Wii corrupt system files message can occur on this game and on Wii Fit Plus. It happens on all USB loaders. The solution it to unplug from the wall. Leave it 30 seconds or so then plug back in. Works every time for me. One subtle difference from the problem being reported is that the problem is intermittent. It can work fine on a couple of plays, then press home to go back to the main menu and it pops up the message.

This problem has been reported before but as far as I know, a solution has not been forthcoming!

Arras said:
QUOTE(cobleman @ Feb 23 2011, 08:01 PM) What patches are you guys applying to ios60 when you reinstall it?

Not completely sure TBH, the one that ModMii installs when you choose to mod your Wii. It probably has been patched.
@nightwaxon: Even if that is true (haven't tested it) it's very annoying to have to unplug your Wii every time you want to play a certain game.

It does'nt matter if it's patched or not. Both times it occurs.
So it has been documented before?
I wish someone would look into this some more.

So to fix it you just pull the plug for a few minutes?

I'll try it.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Hielkenator said:
Has somebody been able to make the Wii crash like this?
Try something out for me. Use punes NandBuilder app (ohneswanzenegger) to build a fresh nand and try from retail disc. If possible then PLEASE use that and then we can determine if it is the game or not.

BC it could be your rip, it could be the cIOS, it could be from priiloader, or many other things. But that is my best suggestion as a starting point for figuring out this issue.

If it works then install priiloader. If it still works then install a cIOS and launch from the a usbloader.

Process of elimination my friend.

You are the only one here (well there is one other person her who can get the same issue) that can figure it out. Many people have told you ways to determine it down in many different ways. I will only dig into this if you give me the info that I need.

If you want to figure it out then do as I or pune has said. Other people may be able to figure out the function, but you are ther test dummy in this situation bc you have experienced it. You can easily recreate the problem. You can make nand dumps and give them to other people to look into it and compare things for you.

You need to give ppl the data that they need. But you just saying that it is the case alone and other ppl can not recreate the problem just says that you need to give the data that people are needing/wanting to be able to come up with a good theory.

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii that get's the same corrupt message. I haven't replaced any of the system menu ios' because when it happens all I have to do is turn my system on/off twice and it loads just fine.

This first happened when I exited the wii motion plus video in Wii Sports Resort while it was running. I can't remember if I turned it off in the middle or if I exited to the system menu, but when I started it again I recieved this message. My Wii will work no problem for a week, and then another week every time I turn it on I get the message.

I use cfg loader and I have priiloader .4 installed.

BBogey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I had this corrupted system files message once when returning from M&S winter Olympics to wii menu. It was simply fixed by just unplugging the console.

I was using cfg loader r62, return_to_channel = wii menu, write_playlog enabled and priiloader 0.4 loading to system menu.

Do you have write_playlog enabled?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up