OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hey, ive had my wii hacked for a while and just recently updated homebrew channel and installed bootmii, after not being able to install majoras mask wad i reinstalled the older homebrew channel via twilight hack(i believe this removed bootmii), then also proceeded to downgrade to 3.2u, i was on 3.3u from wiiFit update, i also installed starfall to stop the updates, after much fiddling around i found out the majoras mask wad wasnt installing because of a bad transfer onto the sd stick

now comes this new wierd problem, i had updated my usbLoaderGX to the newest version via the built in update option and also updated my gamma loader, the wii had been running fine for about a week, we had played alot of majoras mask

i just bought a new surround sound setup today and wanted to see how the wii would handle it, so i dgo into the wii setting and change the mode to surround and proceed to load up a real copy of WiiSports, i check out wiibowling and proceed to hold down the power button on the wiimote and turn it off, now a few hours later i start up the wii and it boots directly into wiisports, i reset and it goes back to the game, i click wii menu and it also goes back into the game, if i take out the disc the wii only displays a black screen with 3.2(usa)

i also tried some backed up games and some gamecube games and they will not boot at all, they just stay at the black screen

thanks for reading, any insight would be much appreciated

gumbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the response, after much random fiddling i turned off my new surround sound receiver and with it off the wii will boot normally, so im thinking some part of the wii boot involving surround sound or something is corrupt

before i try anything should i install bootmii etc..? do i also need to make some sort of nand backup?

gumbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i think your right, it seems to happen now half the time?! even with the amp off...

what would you recommend i do? were do i start

thanks

gumbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
okay.. im such a noob, i figured out my problem, i never got around to checking my gamecube controllers, the first controller was jammed under the couch... so the buttons were pressed, my starfall is setup to do something when Y is held, so now that its unjammed all is well

i updated hbc and installed bootmii as ios, i have boot2v3, and made a nand backup

thanks for the fast replys guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    Do you have a surge protector or an UPS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but to play the next gen games, you must have those games on internal, or buy the official ssd expansion cards, which are expensive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, dunno what each one of those are
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, my PS3 was already modded when my dad bought it for me and my brother
    A surge protector is a device that protects your electronics from fluctuations. I recommend having your console plugged into one of those
    An UPS is even better because it has an internal battery that keeps your system on even if the power goes out, but it's much more expensive obviously
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh i recall seeing one in some in the houses of some relatives, including my dad's apartment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, although whatever device we plug into them stops getting power anyways lol
    that's weird
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, and oh i was talking about ups
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    No not that one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Surge protectors are what i was talking about
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yea I got confused for a bit
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty literally juan:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the series s/x you can use a external HD but any next gen games must be on your internal ssd, or you can buy a ssd expansion card, but pricey. Any xbone, 360, or og Xbox games can be played from external tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Series §€×
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insert **** here
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What a tiny memory card
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rumble packs are important
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure it's fully charged
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember someone made a vibrating Wiimote homebrew lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well you and bigonya love to sword fight your wiimotes
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    classic controller funky kong flame runner is overrated, i prefer wii wheel wario flame runner
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/indiana-jones-and-the-great-circle-release-date-trailers-gam...