Gaming Wii stuck at health and safety screen?

Rheotron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone,

I don't know if this is in the right section but anyway.

So, this morning when I turned my Wii on, it said 'System Files corrupted, please refer to the manual'. I was like, damn. Then I put in my Twilight Princess disk and it managed to get past that and get to the 'Health and Safety' menu. This is where I'm stuck. At the health and safety menu, nothing happens. It should boot into the main menu after a time but I've left it for 10 minutes and nothing happened. When I press 'A' on the wii remote. It does nothing. Also it does not say 'Press A' like it usually does, it's just a frozen screen.

So, I cannot get into the main menu and I can't load any discs it's just stuck.

I have installed some homebrew, so obviously, that could be the cause. If I cannot fix this myself, will I still be able to send it into Nintendo with homebrew on it? If not, what are my other options?

Thanks.

Col70

Trophies
XP
Country
Simply saying you have some homebrew won't be enough enough. For the guys to help you out you need to say exactly what you have installed.

Region?
Homebrew Channel?
Preloader (and version)?
Any cIOS revs?

Also if you changed anything recently or installed anything recently?

Rheotron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok sure.

Region - PAL
Homebrew Channel - Yes
Preloader - No
cIOS Revs - Yes, cIOS36_Rev10 and cIOS36_Rev7

Recently I installed the USB Loader channel which I was using to boot my games from a USB Hard Drive. I installed my Twilight Princess to the drive and when I tried to run it. The screen went black with white writing. I rebooted the Wii and that is when it said System Files Corrupt.

Hopefully that provides a bit more information.

Rheotron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, update.

I can now boot my Wii into recovery mode through using my gamecube controller.

I'm planning on getting a DriveKey later today. What are my options from there?

From what I have read, I should just be able to boot the wii into recovery mode and then insert the nintendo repair disc and it should run and everything should work again.

Is that how it works?

Thanks, and sorry for the double post.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you have a legit (store bought) Twilight Princess disc, and the TPHack still installed on your system, you can put WADManager as boot.dol on the root of your SD card, and reinstall the system menu to fix it.

What SystemMenu are you on?
Do you still have the TPHack installed?

If you ask someone in your area, they might be willing to used their modded drive in your system to fix it

Rheotron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 3.3 Euro.

And yes, I do still have the Twilight Hack installed and a legit TP disc.

I don't really know anyone that has a modded Wii. I think I'm just going to pick up a DriveKey, it's pretty cheap and I was always going to get a Modchip, I just really had the chance to do it. Also, it should help protect my Wii from future bricks. Or atleast give me a way around it.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You still have the TPhack installed... ok... here's your exact movements...

You said you know how to do SaveMiiFrii... do that with a WADManager .dol named boot.dol on the root of your SD card.

Find SystemMenu-v290.WAD (get it from Hackmii... google "hackmii restore disc", it's the first entry, use WiiScrubber to extract the systemmenu wad)

put the SystemMenu-v290.WAD file in the WADS folder on your SD card.

run the Twilight Hack via SaveMiiFrii, install the system menu wad, and you SHOULD be able to boot into your menu.

Once your able to boot into your system menu, upgrade to 4.0 via Waninkoko's upgrade, and install BootMii or Preloader...

Rheotron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks, I'll give that a go.

The only problem is, my TP is a NTSC version. I have a PAL Wii and I was using freeloader to run it, will this method still work?

EDIT: Ok, I tried that and it didn't work. I think it has to do with my TP disc. I put it in the drive and nothing happened. When I tried putting my Sister's Wii Music (PAL) in the drive the white letters disappeared and the drive spun.

I think that the only way I can get this to work is to buy a Modchip.

BTW, do you guys think that this is a Banner Brick or something else?

Rheotron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same thing. I cannot fix this, I have done everything. I've wasted over 20 discs trying to burn ISO's to fix this. Ive bought a Wiikey 2 and installed it. Nothing. I bought a game which had an upgrade on it, it updated the Wii, still nothing. Is there anything that I can do? Or should I just give up and chuck the thing in the bin?

I've tried every guide on youtube and forums, I'm really sick of this. Basically, the Wii is stuck on the Health and Safety screen. I can boot into recovery mode with my Gamecube controller, from there I have tried running discs and everything. I've bought a Wiikey 2, still no ability to run discs. I've bought a game with an update on the disc. The Wii updated but it's still bricked.

At the moment I'm on 3.4E. I can't boot into any games. I can't do anything.

Can anyone tell me or even suggest what to do next.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F