Hacking Wii start up

jettaruu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new at all this hacking so if it sounds dumb sorry,

I went through all the trouble of hacking my Wii and set up homebrew, everything was ok but i messed up some how. The first black screen that shows options of System home page then Homebrew channel and install file no longer pulls up. There was an option menu to change the start up. Not sure what i did but my Wii will turn on and go black screen will not pull up new homebrew page or standard Wii warning page to press a button to continue.

does anyone know what to do?

D

Deleted-171178

Try holding reset. If this doesnt work you may have uninstalled IOS60.

jettaruu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing happens, screen stays blank. i think i might have erased something. do you know if i can have it boot from a SD card, if so what files do i load on it?

judremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First rule of Wii hacking. Don't delete "something". Know what you are deleting before deleting it or don't delete it at all.

As for how to help you... If the preloader screen isn't coming up when you hold reset and power it on, then you probably removed IOS60. Maybe you installed IOS60BF then uninstalled it?

jettaruu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for not answering my question,

ok so say i did uninstall ISO60 and the preloader screen will not pull up,

is there a way to have the preloader screen pull up via SD card?

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, you wii is a fancy paper weight, or a "pet brick", your choice. Secondly your wii is toast, nothing you can do, end it into Nintendo and say the power went out during an update.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jettaruu said:
thank you for not answering my question,

ok so say i did uninstall ISO60 and the preloader screen will not pull up,

is there a way to have the preloader screen pull up via SD card?

If you did uninstall IOS60 NOTHING you do can save your Wii. That is the IOS your system menu runs off of, that is the IOS preloader runs off of. Your only option is to send it to Nintendo.

If you're not sure what the last thing you did is to cause this brick then you clearly did not have any idea what you were doing and should not have been doing anything before reading up on stuff some more.

If you can tell us what exactly you did to cause the brick and it didn't involve something as utterly stupid as uninstalling IOS60, then we may be able to help you recover.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob Rule #1

NEVER DELETE AN IOS!

Don't call it ISO60 please. Know what you are talking about before you say it. Others will be able to help you much more easily if they choose to do so.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, either read up and know what you're doing before doing it(I should know, almost bricked friends wii when I was total noob because we thought cIOS downgraded froze
tongue.gif
) Anyways, that's beside the point, make sure to read up, see what every IOS does and what is needed, and yes, everyone else was answering your question too. So don't give credit to me. Give it to everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ