Hacking Wii Sports Resort Update?

HellFireXS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before I started soft modding I updated to 4.1U which I thought was the most current, but Wii Sports Resort is asking me to update before I play, is this update safe? or will it brick me?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends what crap you have installed in your wii. If you have cIOScrap, it'll remove it in some, but probably not all, IOS. If you have downgraded IOS, it'll update them. But it shouldn't brick you. Its the 3.4 update.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
It is safer IMHO not to update via Wii Sports Resort.

Some other guy here reported that his Wii bricked after doing the update.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Use Preloader and disable disc updates. If I remember right. I can't install Preloader for some reason though. :S

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Disabling the disc update check would do the trick. You´re right with this but do you have preloader installed HellFire XS?

HellFireXS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't but I was thinking about using it for some of the hacks, didnt know that was one of them, thanks
smile.gif

after installing it, I can stop the menu from showing up when I start my Wii right? I use Bootmii as my brick protection.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Startpatch. Make sure to get a version for your firmware/region (in your case, v4.1 for NTSC/USA) and apply all patches. It'll stop the disc updates, health/safety screen, etc...and all are easily removed by running the app again if ever need be. I live by that app...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168895

HellFireXS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zektor said:
Use Startpatch. Make sure to get a version for your firmware/region (in your case, v4.1 for NTSC/USA) and apply all patches. It'll stop the disc updates, health/safety screen, etc...and all are easily removed by running the app again if ever need be. I live by that app...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168895

Thanks, That would have been good, but sadly I already installed Preloader. It's ok I just applied the hacks and set it to auto boot the system menu so it shouldn't matter I shouldn't have to see it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-