Wii Sports Resort to have Wi-Fi....

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo of Europe have confirmed that Wii Sports Resort will feature Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (online) and Wii Connect24. The new details were revealed through an update on the European Nintendo Channel.

Come to think of it this doesn't mean that much in terms online play. As Wii Connect24 has been confirmed along side it Wi-Fi may just be confirming that it is online for something small such as leader boards. It's also entirely possible that you'll be able to challenge friends online, we'll just have to wait and see.

Wii Sports Resort will be released in Australia on July 23 bundled with Wii MotionPlus.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm betting its just being able to send videos, send challenges, and showing you friends your stamp collection (its an in game reward system similar to achievements except its only for this game).

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
If THIS has Wi-Fi, why the heck can't New Super Mario Bros. Wii have it too?
hate2.gif

frantier123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm guessing that the WiiConnect24 and Wi-Fi Connection comes together. I mean, through WiiConnect24, they will notify you if there are any events like Mario Kart Wii. And after you participated in the event, like Mario Kart Wii, you can upload your result through Wi-Fi Connection and you can download the leaderboard and see where you stand. Simple.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Would love to actually play against each others, but I seriously doubt it.
Anyway, WiFi should have been in the first one too, I would love to tennis against someone else.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EnigmaXtreme said:
Nintendo of Europe have confirmed that Wii Sports Resort will feature Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (online) and Wii Connect24. The new details were revealed through an update on the European Nintendo Channel.

Come to think of it this doesn't mean that much in terms online play. As Wii Connect24 has been confirmed along side it Wi-Fi may just be confirming that it is online for something small such as leader boards. It's also entirely possible that you'll be able to challenge friends online, we'll just have to wait and see.

Wii Sports Resort will be released in Australia on July 23 bundled with Wii MotionPlus.
YEAH. I'm so buying it.

(Mostly for the bundled WM+)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actual online play could be a real boon for this game, but like you alluded to, the presence of "WiFi" doesn't necessarily mean online multiplayer. And considering it's Nintendo, it likely won't, either.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
RupeeClock said:
...Don't you think that maybe, some games should STAY in the living room?
Not every game needs online play.
What better way to settle online arguments than a 1:1 Sword Fight against someone on the other side of the world?
I'm guessing people just want the Wi-fi for the Sword fighting. Don't you too?

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
X D D X said:
RupeeClock said:
...Don't you think that maybe, some games should STAY in the living room?
Not every game needs online play.
What better way to settle online arguments than a 1:1 Sword Fight against someone on the other side of the world?
I'm guessing people just want the Wi-fi for the Sword fighting. Don't you too?

Screw Sword Fighting, everyones going to be Frisbiing like mad online
laugh.gif
happy.gif

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wi-Fi vs would be nice, but I am not holding my breath. Either way it is going to be an amazing game.

Also, I feel kinda silly for forgetting about researching the game for so long. I had no idea it has so many games! This is going to be awesome.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it