Gaming Wii Sports Boxing Video Tutorial Test #01

maduin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of you enjoyed my first video seen here

So I just made another one. It's still just me testing some things out, so the quality is still in "beta" I would say. The fight wasn't the best, I just wanted some footage to edit to see how easy it would be to make the video.

But hopefully you can get an idea of how I control the game by watching my hands synced up to the video. If I get a good response from this video, I'll make further edits, pausing the video before combos and moves, telling you exactly what to do, including the restrictions of the game's timing and physics. I'll also get a better fight recorded, hopefully one where I don't get knocked down, that's quicker and better paced with more combos, and in a higher quality, like my first vid. I'd appreciate feedback, comments, or suggestions. Thanks.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is pretty cool. I think you should do a video tutorial. Here are the questions I have and/or suggestions.

Show a side view of your hands. The overhead view makes it hard to tell what you are doing. I cannot differentate how your doing the following. (Maybe you should have this in the tutorial)

- Body Blow
- Head Shot
- Hook
- Uppercut

Then you can get into the combo timing. I could tell the timing, and it makes sense.

The only thing I find disappointing is the fact that you are actually "Boxing". Your sitting on the couch using very restricted motions. Kinda fun to be up and looking like a retard boxing. So this is not what I thought it would be or hoped it would be.

Nintendo should work on the controls to more closely emulate a boxers motions.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My graph for the points goes out of my TV screen
wink.gif
. If i don´t beat the enemy in the first round i get -200 points
blink.gif
if i win 3 ;D.

Basically you only need to evade the enemy´s punches in the right moment.
Then when it slow down you can hit him easily with strong punches.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, as someone above said, youre not really boxing are you which is disappointing, especially as u state in your other thread that 90% of wii owners dont know how to box!!!
I prefer to stand and do some proper stuff and look daft, even tho i have done some boxing for real it doesnt translate great in the game. my mate got really good on it by fighting like a 1920's boxer, palms inward and punching with the backs of his hands, and he doesnt get knackered either!

maduin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crezwell said:
Hmm, as someone above said, youre not really boxing are you which is disappointing, especially as u state in your other thread that 90% of wii owners dont know how to box!!!

I should've been more specific, they don't know how to Wii Sports Box
wink2.gif

I was trying to show the most basic movements on how the the controls register into the on screen moves, once you learn how the control work, you can translate them into real life boxing moves, i.e knowing that flicking the top of the remote upwards while it's parallel to the ground will perform an uppercut, will help you if you choose to make more exaggerated movements (like an actual uppercut). I also chose to do just wrist and hand movements because I thought it would be easier to see at the bottom of the screen, and the fact that my tripod goes up only about 5 and a half feet gave me only a little room to work with while keep my hands in the frame. In my previous video, I was using more arm movements, than just hand movements, which is how I usually play and which is why I do much better, while in this video, I did rather poorly because I only used hand movements.

I'll maybe try a side view next time, standing up and actually boxing at the screen to show how these moves translate from hand gestures to body gestures. I wish I could film both at once though but I only have one camera. Or I could do a 10 minute long video, starting with hand movements, then to actual boxing, but I find that most people nowadays don't have the patience to watch a 10 minute video, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely keep them in mind while I work on the next vid.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah cool, hopefully the techniques u use will be useful for ready 2 rumble too when thats released. Looking daft trying to box proper only gets you so far, just ask my champion missus!!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for this video, I really appreciate all the work you've done already for us.

And I agree, a sideways view of your hands would be nice. But for the rest, perfectly done.

maduin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm slowly and surely working away at the video. It's still a learning process for me to do video editing, but I've found that's quick to pick up and learn and quite fun too.

Very time consuming though. I'm trying to make it look somewhat semi professional, just so that I can learn a bit here and there and apply it to any future projects I may work on. There are already a lot of ideas floating around in my head for the next video I work on. But the one I'm working on now should be ready in the next few days.

Thanks for the support, I would've given up a while ago if no one had been interested.

maduin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a small sample of how I'm trying to fancy it up a bit. The completed video will have my floating head on the left side of the screen with a voice over tutorial and the right side of the screen will show a side view of my hands and torso as I explain how to do certain moves and attacks. I'll clean up the logo a bit and try to make the video more "presentable".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD