Hacking Wii soft mod question.

krissynz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the Twilight hack on my system which was 3.2 so had no problems at all with it. I also modded a friend's Wii who was 3.3, same thing no issues. I am going to do the same to my other friends but he has version 3.4 so what level should I downgrade it to? Should I go to 3.3 or 3.2 then do the safe upgrade?

Also do I need to worry about any auto updates that might mess up the systems?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If its a once off install you can actually leave it on 3.4

Follow the 'downgrade' section on my guide and skip step 12 on it , everything should work if you skip that and it will still install everything you want - no need to change system versions if you dont want.

Starfall is handy if your going to be messing more with that wii , but if its just for the backup loader then no need to change firmware.

krissynz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the only thing we really mod for is backup loader and emulators, well mainly just the emulators, we're all old school gamers and love the 80s and 90s genres
smile.gif

And I thank you all for helping this noob out.

I am currently looking for info on Starfall, but just incase I can't find out what it is, can you tell me what the use of it is?

And if I read your post right djtaz, did you basically say I can just do the same thing I did with the other 2 and at least backup loader will work? What about the emulators?

And when you say step 12 do you mean ?

12. Load C. cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel MAKING SURE you PICK YOUR CORRECT REGION
3.2U = USA/Canada, 3.2E = Europe, 3.2J = Japan ... you should then be on version 3.2 once completed

If I can skip that do I still need to do step 11?

11. Load B. IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.

Because I don't remember doing any of those 2 steps on the other 2 Wiis? Sorry about all the questions, just want to make sure I don't mess it up
smile.gif

So if I don't downgrade do I need to do the Starfall install?

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
krissynz said:
I am currently looking for info on Starfall, but just incase I can't find out what it is, can you tell me what the use of it is?

Big win with Starfall is skipping the disc update check. It'll skip an auto-update if there's a update on the disc itself, I believe. Similar to WiiBrickBlocker but just more protection. More good stuff.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Starfall

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1