Wii shopping channel update ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by icebrg5, Oct 23, 2010.

Oct 23, 2010

Wii shopping channel update ? by icebrg5 at 3:08 AM (1,936 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. icebrg5
    OP

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Does the priiloader hack for blocking online updates also apply to the wii shopping channel when it asks for an update?

2. fattest

Member fattest GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. icebrg5
    OP

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I know about installing the wads after getting them from NUSD but i was just wondering if priiloader prevented the update from happening or not since if you try to load the wii shop channel your prompted for an update.

Basically does the hack block online updates apply to both the wii shop channel asking for an update and trying to run an update through the wii settings menu.

4. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    I believe it does not, because you're connecting to Nintendo's servers when going through the Wii Shop Channel. On non-hacked Wii consoles, they're all going to have the latest IOS and Shop Channel version. Connecting to Nintendo's servers is basically sending them a message whether you have the latest Shop Channel / IOS or not. Older Shop Channels won't be able to connect to the server as they are replaced by the newer versions as they are released, which is why they ask you to perform a system update to obtain the latest versions.