Hacking Wii Shop Download Error 201022

wii2wii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like any wad packed by version 7 will get 201022 error when downloading from Wii Shop. The initial releases from BlaZe downloaded fine so I don't believe Nintendo did anything to stop this yet. Does anyone has idea what this error means? I did noticed version 7 altered the encrypted title key to kikekakikrules!!. Correct me if I am wrong, because all these VC releases, including packed by verion 7 and BlaZe, are signed by trucha, IOS37 will stop them from installing and launching.

Johnwitt

Trophies
XP
Country
Why download Hacked VC games on WiiShop if you have wad file to install it ?

Emulator have a better compatibility, don't take place on Wii internal Memory :\

wii2wii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Johnwitt said:

Emulator have a better compatibility, don't take place on Wii internal Memory :\
Not a very good reason, but easier to maintain Wii space using Wii Shop. Actually, errors usually are logged and much easier to spot and track. We should avoid downloading from Wii Shop and use WAD only.

Btw, Is there emulator for N64 for the Wii?

wii2wii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
barrow said:
wii2wii said:
barrow said:
I've been getting a different error code on game download: Error Code 204037
I'm on a NTSC Wii.
Are you downloading using real wii shop ticket or wad installed?

Using WAD installed ticket for the download.
Did you erase installed game from the Wii Menu? You should try to Wad-uninstall and then re-Wadinstall. I suggest not using Wii Shop downloading game with wad-installed ticket. If you already own it, there is a way to restore the original. Let me know if that is your case.

barrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii2wii said:
barrow said:
wii2wii said:
barrow said:
I've been getting a different error code on game download: Error Code 204037
I'm on a NTSC Wii.
Are you downloading using real wii shop ticket or wad installed?

Using WAD installed ticket for the download.
Did you erase installed game from the Wii Menu? You should try to Wad-uninstall and then re-Wadinstall. I suggest not using Wii Shop downloading game with wad-installed ticket. If you already own it, there is a way to restore the original. Let me know if that is your case.

I used the Wad-Installer ISO method to install the game. It didn't automatically install the channel for me, but when I go into the catalog it allows me to download the game for 0 tickets.

I was under the impression that this was a network issue with the Wii Shop.

wii2wii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe it is network error. If you don't own it and the shop shows download for 0 pts, most likely, the wad you tried to install did create the trucha signed ticket with key that is different than the original. I think your situation is similar to correctly wad-installed and then delete using wii menu. I would wad-uninstall it.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some games can download fine from the shop after you have deleted them, and others give error 201022.

I think only the good ripped games are the ones that can be re-downloaded, the rest should be nuked.

opiumx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii2wii said:
Johnwitt said:

Not a very good reason, but easier to maintain Wii space using Wii Shop. Actually, errors usually are logged and much easier to spot and track. We should avoid downloading from Wii Shop and use WAD only.

Btw, Is there emulator for N64 for the Wii?
Not that I am aware of, but there are some games converted to work with gamecube, but you have to record them on seperate discs. There are games like duke nukem, mace, pilotwings 64, zelda master quest, starfox, super mario 64 and around 7 others. I think there is an app that will convert most games, alltho I think that alot of them dont work, but there are some releases of games that fully work like what I have mentioned. They use the same software as the zelda collectors edition disc.

wii2wii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose these releases should indicate how WADs are packed, ie using fake title key like wadpackerv7 or using real title key.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm