Gaming Wii SD Card, What's It Used for??

Pici

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use up to 2GB cards.
It is made for several things : Photos, saves, channels, music for excite trucks, maybe other stuff.
But for the homebrew, it is made for homebrew, Virtua Console hacks, etc

Pici

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1 gb is far enough, because :
1. the games are installed on the wii memory.
2. the has only 512mb memory.

2gb is good if you have a bunch of photos or a bunch of MP3 to play in excite trucks.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
mixinluv2u said:
when used with VC hacks, do you keep the games on the SD card? or do the games install on to the harddrive?

is 1gb enough? or do pepole usually recommend 2gb?
First. The Wii hasn't got any harddrive..
It only has a small 512MB Flash.
And you can't run any VC game or channel laying on a SD Card.. Yea i know its very stupid.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
mixinluv2u said:
when used with VC hacks, do you keep the games on the SD card? or do the games install on to the harddrive?

1gb is enough if you want just n64 games, but it's definitely not enough if you want VC games for other systems, get a 2GB ad no you can't load from the SD card

i would avoid keeping all the VC games on the Wii memory as you need space for gamesaves and channels that nintendo release, just transfer all the VC games to the SD card and when you have finished doing that delete from the Wii system memory, when you want to play a VC game just copy it back over.

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
once installed using the VC hack, you can copy the game over to the SD card?

does that mean at a later date, i can just copy the game back over without doing the hack/install again?

how big are the games?

bennydigital

Trophies
Website
n
XP
Country
United States
superrob said:
mixinluv2u said:

And you can't run any VC game or channel laying on a SD Card.. Yea i know its very stupid.
Ive read somewhere that even though it has 512MB you can only use 300MB of it.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
bennydigital said:
superrob said:
mixinluv2u said:

Ive read somewhere that even though it has 512MB you can only use 200MB of it.
Correct. The most of the Flash is reserved for the firmware.

garry35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have tried to backup saves from my wii to SD card with limited success some would copy others would are not allowed to copy, so what is the point of a SD card ? sooner later everybody is going to be forced to either delete or backup saves to a memory card, but as things stand now its either delete some precious saves or run out of space and not be able to save. this is an unnaceptable situation when ppl have bought memory cards to backup saves.....

ps my SD card is a Sandisk White Wii branded card so compatibility shouldnt be an issue...

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Its not compatabilty theraresome saves on thewii which are difficult/cant be copied suck as i cant backup my gh3 save for some dumb reason. Im more interested in getting my hands on the app that allows you to use the usb ports on the back as external storage, it already recognises usb sticks etcetc im hoping it will lead to playing a game from the usb via external storage eventually.

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scousethief said:
Its not compatabilty theraresome saves on thewii which are difficult/cant be copied suck as i cant backup my gh3 save for some dumb reason. Im more interested in getting my hands on the app that allows you to use the usb ports on the back as external storage, it already recognises usb sticks etcetc im hoping it will lead to playing a game from the usb via external storage eventually.

So how exactly do i copy games saves and VC games from my SD card to my wii? what program do i run? is there a link with a speicifc procedure? Thanks. Was trying to search for something like this but was having trouble because i was searching "wii save" but the search cant be under 4 words :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one