Hacking Wii resort

jamied78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me how to get Wii sports resort to work on a wiikey version 3.1? I got it to load and show the movie but nothing after that.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
crissm25 said:
must have v4.1

dont talk rubbish!

first off YOU NEED A WII MOTION PLUS hardware addon!

more information is available in several threads on this forum search for SPORTS RESORT
smile.gif

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use follow the alternate dol file method on this thread below and you should be good to go.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168530

Edit: Also just like dude said above, you MUST have the Wii Motion + add on, otherwise don't even try it won't work from what I've read. Go buy at least one if you haven't, I just bought a second one for 2 player it's definitely worth it imo.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u probably need ios36 which came with 3.2 from what i rememeber, either manually install it or upgrade your firmware

i run it on a wiikey with no probs jfi

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can run it just fine with the wiikey as well, but I have to watch the video every freakin time (at least every time I turn on the wii), I don't know why.

He should have the ios36 if he installed the Mario Kart update.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Warren_303 said:
I can run it just fine with the wiikey as well, but I have to watch the video every freakin time (at least every time I turn on the wii), I don't know why.

He should have the ios36 if he installed the Mario Kart update.
Update to 4.1. That fixes that issue.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
THERE IS NO NEED TO UPDATE TO 4.1 FOR WII SPORTS RESORT.

Run the game via Gecko to install any possible missing IOSes (i.e.- IOS55, which WSR uses). Since you're having trouble with a burned copy, no alt. DOL loading crap is required.

On a side note, you must have a Wii MotionPlus for this game. There will never be a way to get past not having a MotionPlus.

rasputin said:
u probably need ios36 which came with 3.2 from what i rememeber, either manually install it or upgrade your firmware

i run it on a wiikey with no probs jfi
Wii Sports Resort doesn't care about IOS36 in any way, shape, or forme (sic). Only the disc's update will care.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
that is correct just run through gecko os first and the motion plus hardware
wink.gif
and please no one ask any more just use seach , thanks
wink.gif

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
follow the alt.dol method - you need the alternative dol file and the neogamma r6 loader (should be a torrent for the package)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seems like most people here don't know what they are talking about ... surprise ...

You get the wm+ video to play? Then ignore all people who tell you need alternate .dol stuff.

What happens exactly after viewing the movie? 001 error? Is your modchip able to play 001 games without patching them or using a cIOS? I ask because i think the 001 check is done AFTER playing the movie. To check if it's a 001 issue try to load with NeoGamma with cIOS rev 7 or 13a. (all other cIOS do bad 002 patching, or don't have 001 patching*)

*cIOSrev14 does not have 001 patching, but smart 001 handling, which works on softmods but not on bad modchips

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-