Wii Resort PAL Issue - plays but video is messed up

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by delt31, Dec 17, 2009.

1. delt31
    OP

delt31 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2003
    United States
    I have a NTSC wii. I am aware of the need to do the alt dol, 002 fix to get the wii instruction video to work. I believe that occured b/c when I do that to load it, it goes straight to the video selection screen in the game (as if I wanted to watch it again ; )

However, when i select alt dol off and no 002 fix, it starts perfectly fine but the video is off (black and white, lines going up and down). I said, this must be b/c it's PAL so I forced it to do ntsc and the game won't start!

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I just need to it to display on my tv correctly/

2. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 1, 2007
    United States
    FORCE NTSC and turn VIDPATCH ON

3. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    system info or no help will be provided

4. delt31
    OP

delt31 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2003
    United States
    sure -

3.2 system menu and the homebrew channel says IOS36 v4.18. Again - the game works with default settings on my usb config (and it boots into the game and not the wii motion plus video) BUT it's in black and white. It's a PAL game. I tried to force ntsc and vidtv on. Even tried it with cios 222mload and some other options but that just cause it to freeze and black screen when I load. It's very weird b/c on my buddies tv, with the SAME EXACT settings AND CIOS installed, it works fine (no black and white) on default settings. It must be my tv.

Also - i am using composite cables. Seems like that could be the problem too.