caporale214

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay the strangest thing happened to me yesterday
i had recently downloaded onslaught (call me a pirate i dont care) ive had the wad installed for a couple weeks now
anyways when i turned my wii off and turned it on today onslaught was gone
i thouught at first it was just a fluke but i called my friend and he told me the same story about how all his wads were gone
(not including homebrew channel)

any thoughts on this?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
caporale214 said:
i had recently downloaded onslaught (call me a pirate i dont care) ive had the wad installed for a couple weeks now
i thouught at first it was just a fluke but i called my friend and he told me the same story about how all his wads were gone

any thoughts on this?
ok Mr. Pirate , you have a Wii console ( great ) , running System Menu !!! ( ????? ) , you have Installed HomeBrew Channel and !!!!! ( ????? ) , Wii user agreement !!!!! ( ????? ) , now considering you might be running 3.3v2 and up and you have agreed with the new user agreement and allowed N to make changes to your system with out notifying you it will explain the Wad Disappearance , however can you provide more info about your system and what did you install so far so we can analyze the strangest thing that happened to you yesterday
wink.gif
thanks
wink.gif

Posts merged

caporale214 said:

any thoughts on this?
ok Mr. Pirate , you have a Wii console ( great ) , running System Menu !!! ( ????? ) , you have Installed HomeBrew Channel and !!!!! ( ????? ) , Wii user agreement !!!!! ( ????? ) , now considering you might be running 3.3v2 and up and you have agreed with the new user agreement and allowed N to make changes to your system with out notifying you it will explain the Wad Disappearance , however can you provide more info about your system and what did you install so far so we can analyze the strangest thing that happened to you yesterday
wink.gif
thanks
wink.gif

Posts merged
caporale214 said:

QUOTE(caporale214 @ Mar 24 2009, 07:14 PM)

any thoughts on this?
wink.gif
thanks
wink.gif

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bad day. I'm seeing triple of everything.

madmikeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@BIG MOE:

Please stop. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Ninty wouldn't do this, if something went wrong, then you'd be bricked and could sue them, and Nintendo never does anything which their lawyers recommend against.

And the "new TOS agreement" isn't really new, they just changed the words to make it easier to understand the statement which was already present. It's all FUD.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there have been any instances of N changing anyones system menu without previous permisson. Pretty sure one of the more knowledgable WII hacking peoples has confirmed that there is in fact NO CODE in the WII that enables Nintendo to do this. Still strange story and yes, more info is needed.

yabel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happened to me today.. I have 3.2U with preloader installed connect24 turned off.
All wad channels gone and saved of those games gone.
Gone:
Onslaught
Tetris
world of goo
Wad manager
ftpii
wiiradio
tv game show

Left on:
backup launcher
Wii dumper
Super N emu

Only thing I did today was change 2 settings in preloader. Diag disk check and move disk channel, I enabled them both earlier today. I changed them back now. this had to be this afternoon since they were all they earlier.

yabel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone else mess with Preloader settings right before the wads disappeared??
Thats teh only thing I did that could have caused it if it wasnt big N.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Happened to me too
hate2.gif

All my Legit VC/Wiiwares still here but onslaught and bomberman wad installs are gone.

System 3.2E Miiwii'd (CIOSCORP2+Preloader)
Lately I did not mess with preloader settings.

Strange...

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mariomaniac33 said:
Well, I definitely got your back. This is not BS people!

By the way, in the user agreement, it now says:

UPDATES AND UPGRADES
We may without notifying you, download updates, patches, upgrades and similar software to your Wii Console and may disable unauthorized or illegal software placed on your Wii Console to ensure that your Wii Console is operating properly and efficiently, comply with applicable laws, assist law enforcement, protect us and our customers, or prevent the use and distribution of software obtained through improper channels.

This may have been here previously, but it doesn't seem like Nintendo actually used it until now (well, besides on the Twilight Hack). I thought it was assumed that if you update to 3.4, you agreed to this, hance why I never updated. Now that 4.0 is out, Nintendo seems to be abusing this privaledge. I guess if you disagree, you lock Nintendo out of your router -- rediculous.

Oddly enough, Nintendo did not delete my Twilight Hack. I haven't checked to see if it's operational thoough.
I think it's some sort of wave, similiar to the ban waves that Microsoft pulls off. They could be doing this to attempt to wipe 4.0 Wiis clean to make them pirate free
wacko.gif
. However, Nintendo must not realize that people can still install WADs through cIOS. The longer they don't know this, the better.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have they been able to remove any IOS's from any of these wiis?? like CIOS's?? people on 4.0 could get stuck on 4.0 without a CIOS has any of this been confirmed

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as I said in the other thread, I had 5 channels dissappear right after doing a ARCmod05a downgrade, followed by a usbciosv2 install.....Im thinking maybe its a wave based system where random users connecting to NUS are flagged and then.....(because primarily only stolen channels have this) random titles with the Region free bit set are removed.

no IOS were removed....it's possible they can't get access rights to that remotely, although obviously they could overwrite them, since they do that (254,16) so it wouldn't matter if they couldnt anyway.....which is what makes it so weird that my HBC and 249 are fine....they have to be aware of them by now....why release an IOS16 and not a dummy 249?

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:
What system menu are you guys running? Any more details about your Wiis?
Here's my stats:
3.2U
"Legacy Wiikey" (v1 Wiikey modchip) with 1.9s firmware
Preloader Installed
No Backup Loaders or CIOSCorp installed on my Wii

If you want any more information, just ask! I want to get down to the bottom of this issue
unsure.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
noobwarrior7 said:
as I said in the other thread, I had 5 channels dissappear right after doing a ARCmod05a downgrade, followed by a usbciosv2 install.....Im thinking maybe its a wave based system where random users connecting to NUS are flagged and then.....(because primarily only stolen channels have this) random titles with the Region free bit set are removed.

no IOS were removed....it's possible they can't get access rights to that remotely, although obviously they could overwrite them, since they do that (254,16) so it wouldn't matter if they couldnt anyway.....which is what makes it so weird that my HBC and 249 are fine....they have to be aware of them by now....why release an IOS16 and not a dummy 249?
I agree with you bro
wink.gif
, and IOS16 served the purpose already and it's time for another trick
wink.gif
, IOS249 they can't do much about it or about HBC cause you can change the ticket code and install location from 249 so it's point less for them to fight that part , but I think they are doing a testing wave of pirated Wads deletion mostly region free ones but not system files neither IOS files
smile.gif

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
noobwarrior7 said:

I agree with you bro
wink.gif
, and IOS16 served the purpose already and it's time for another trick
wink.gif
, IOS249 they can't do much about it or about HBC cause you can change the ticket code and install location from 249 so it's point less for them to fight that part , but I think they are doing a testing wave of pirated Wads deletion mostly region free ones but not system files neither IOS files
smile.gif
I agree with both of you, also. I'm just worried that they'll take this farther: an IOS deletion wave. For those who upgrade to 4.0X, cIOS is their only ticket out (well at least as of now). If Nintendo deletes the cIOS, these people are stuck.

Therefore, it may not be smart to update right now.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
madmikeuk said:
@BIG MOE:

Please stop. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Ninty wouldn't do this, if something went wrong, then you'd be bricked and could sue them, and Nintendo never does anything which their lawyers recommend against.

And the "new TOS agreement" isn't really new, they just changed the words to make it easier to understand the statement which was already present. It's all FUD.
don't make me laugh please I'm not in the mood !!!! go read a bet more and learn that if they delete your pirated files they are not breaking the law , and your law suite can kiss the N @ss , you are breaking the user agreement so they are not liable for what happens to your console
wink.gif
, however they still didn't delete any system files or IOS so your console will not brick as I assume
wink.gif
peace mr. knowledge

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yabel said:
Happened to me today.. I have 3.2U with preloader installed connect24 turned off.
All wad channels gone and saved of those games gone.
Gone:
Onslaught
Tetris
world of goo
Wad manager
ftpii
wiiradio
tv game show

Left on:
backup launcher
Wii dumper
Super N emu

Only thing I did today was change 2 settings in preloader. Diag disk check and move disk channel, I enabled them both earlier today. I changed them back now. this had to be this afternoon since they were all they earlier.
Did you have an SD card inserted when this occurred? If so, check it for the saves. The weird thing for me was that the save files were copied onto the SD card -- maybe Nintendo felt guilty?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.