wii printing

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by flashmanx, Aug 3, 2012.

Aug 3, 2012

wii printing by flashmanx at 5:34 PM (3,995 Views / 0 Likes) 36 replies

1. flashmanx
    OP

Newcomer flashmanx Member

United States
    is it at all possible to hack a printer to a wii to print off of the opera browser?

My underaged daughter ran off with her 21 year old bf. She set these meetings up through a yahoomail acct thats left signed in on the wii. I have no password so only access I have to the conversations are on wii opera browser an there doesn't seem to be a way to save the content to a sd card or print it or email or anything. The police took pictures of the tv. He showed up to be prepped for court today and they set him up to go in front of a judge on tue but he thinks he is coming in to sign papers on being put on probation. So I need these printed to give to the judge cause I can't hook my hacked wii up in court.

2. Tom

Member Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

United States
    Use opera to foward the email to your email

3. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Best advice right here. If you're still signed in, you can easily forward the email to your own, and print it off on your own PC.

4. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Wow. Im sorry i cant give you advice other than what has already been given, but i really hope you find you daughter :(

5. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Why? Do they not have a TV there or are you afraid to bring in a hacked wii? If your reason is the latter then there is no need to worry because a court will only deal with the case and not put focus towards trying to find other things to get you in trouble for especially on something this sensitive.

You can also do the Lost Password Recovery and just answer the stupid secret questions.

6. Katsumi San

Member Katsumi San GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    Or like the other guy said.. forward those "e-mails" to your own e-mail and print it them out from your PC/Laptop or local library.

7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    The only other suggestion I can think of would be get a hold of a USB Gecko (probably easier said than done) and use it's screenshot feature while the emails are on screen. But it would be a lot simpler to just forward the emails. (USB Geckos aren't the easiest to track down these days, and even when you get one, getting your Wii set up correctly to load channels with USB Gecko support isn't completely straightforward; I think you need to patch IOS36 then use Gecko OS to load the channel, but I'm not 100% sure on that, nor am I sure what patches are needed)

8. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    These should also work instead of a usb gecko

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/easycap-usb-2-0-audio-video-capture-surveillance-dongle-with-mac-os-support-26319

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/pc-monitor-hdtv-vga-adapter-cable-for-ps3-wii-54585

9. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    1 person likes this.
  10. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Ah yes, didn't think of that. There are probably faster shipping sites than dealextreme though. e.g. Amazon. Which actually seems to have EasyCAP devices cheaper than the one you linked (perhaps not quite as high quality, but for one use they'd be fine I'm sure)

1 person likes this.
  11. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    The easycap device from DX is actually a knock off, but the thing works great. It is what I used to make the videos for ModMii and they all look superb.

12. Hunter X

Member Hunter X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Shouldn't law enforcement already be trained to handle situations like these where evidence is on a mobile device or electronic device? They should take the Wii, since it is evidence and present it to court like that. Not sure forwarding is a good idea since it can be assumed that the email was modified and all in all, i think using an original is better. Keeps complete headers intact.

13. flashmanx
    OP

United States
    the problem is there not emails there converstions sorry I didn't mention that
    yahoomail allows you to use it to text to a phone so it reads
    me: .......
    14445556666:..........

the police took pics of my tv with there camera but for better readability I'd like to take the actual conersation so I can hand it to a judge vs some big todo with the whole courtroom reading them and its 6 pages of conversations that start and stop so I have to load one after the other and it wuld take forever court nots going to allow that

14. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Then I'd say try and find an EasyCAP on Amazon or some other reputable, fast shipping site (maybe pay for one day delivery if you can; it may only be available from a 3rd party seller in which case there may not be that option) and use it.

Basically, it lets you hook up your Wii's video output to your computer, so you can then record videos or stills of the video output (i.e. whatever would be on screen if connected to a TV). Take a few stills of the conversations, print them out.

15. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    You should check the message board too, maybe she sent or received mails from it.

16. flashmanx
    OP

United States
    well the cop is suppose to make me copies of the pictures she took cause I just signed in and found she deleted the conversation.

1 person likes this.
  17. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    can you tell me a ghood one i can find at amazon? I want to start recording brawl hacks and stuff?

18. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    How old is "underage" exactly? If she's 16 or 17, I can understand perfectly well she'd rather be with her boyfriend than with her father who checks her e-mail* or turns a potential son-in-law in to the police.

*it may be legal in your situation, but that doesn't mean it won't feel to her as a violation of her privacy

19. ShadowFyre

Member ShadowFyre GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This man lost his daughter man, this is not the time.

20. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Nope, because amazon doesn't carry the same model that I have so it might look rather shitty.