Gaming Wii picky about SD cards?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have much SD cards since they're all relegated to either on the DS or digital camera but when I tried to put the digital camera one into my Wii, it gave a message saying it's not readable (it's a little known brand). Then I tried a Canon SD card which came with the camera but that also didn't work. My micro SD card along with the adapter also doesn't work and also my dad's Sandisk 1gb SD card which he uses in his camera.

They're all under 2gb so I know that's not the issue but I still don't know why every card I tried failed. Is this their way of telling me to buy the "official" Wii SD cards?

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Odd problem, Ive tried a wii branded sandisk 1gb and and my 2gb £6.99 sandisk sd from play.com and both are fine! My 2gb sandisk isnt wii branded but works fine
biggrin.gif

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
squirt1000 said:
Odd problem, Ive tried a wii branded sandisk 1gb and and my 2gb £6.99 sandisk sd from play.com and both are fine! My 2gb sandisk isnt wii branded but works fine
biggrin.gif
But is it normal for something like this to happen? I'd be happy to buy another SD card but I want to know that it's an SD card problem and not a bigger problem

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just tried ANOTHER SD card that I borrowed. Stll nothing.

But it could be because it's a Sandisk Extreme III. Not that it mentions it's an SDHC anywhere but I'm still stumped as to why it refuses to accept any SD car i throw at it.

squirt1000

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That defo isnt right! Ive never tried any fancy ass SD's in mine so cant really comment on that. Although I wouldnt think it would make much difference as long as they are not SDHC which you say they arent
frown.gif

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess I never gave much thought about SD cards on the Wii since I never wanted to use it for photos but with the new VC hack, I had to give it a go.

So far, the ones that wouldn't work is

1gb Kingston micro SD with adapter
1gb Kingston mini SD with adapter
16mb Canon SD card
2gb Eagletec SD card
1gb Sandisk Extreme III SD card

5 cards not working. I really hope that it's not because my SD slot is broken but I guess it can't hurt to order an official one with the Wii mark to see if it works.

squirt1000

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope its not your Wii SD slot, That would be a major bummer! Is your Wii modded?? If so does your sync button work? if not it could be that its not connected properly when you put your console back together
smile.gif

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
squirt1000 said:
I hope its not your Wii SD slot, That would be a major bummer! Is your Wii modded?? If so does your sync button work? if not it could be that its not connected properly when you put your console back together
smile.gif
Nope. Nothing is modded. Anyways I might as well order a Wii SD card. Small price to pay if I'm going to use it for Zelda hack.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I ordered one of the special Sandisk SD memory cards and lo and behold, it still gives me an error message. While I never gave muh thought about the SD aspect of it, is it really worth the bother of sending my Wii in to get fixed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.