serge85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello Guys.

My original Wii (Bought in 2006, board RVL-CPU-01) stopped working.

Yesterday I was playing Metroid Prime 3 ( I think I'm around 60% completion) I saved, turned off the wii.

Today I was going to keep playing and no signal, I press the power button and the led changes from red to yellow, but there is no signal, the wiimote doesn't sync, no sound.

I removed the hard drive, the sd, same thing.

I know wiis are dirt cheap today, In fact I have a spare, but I wonder it there is something hardware wise, that I should check o try to repair.

Thanks for the input.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello Guys.

My original Wii (Bought in 2006, board RVL-CPU-01) stopped working.

Yesterday I was playing Metroid Prime 3 ( I think I'm around 60% completion) I saved, turned off the wii.

Today I was going to keep playing and no signal, I press the power button and the led changes from red to yellow, but there is no signal, the wiimote doesn't sync, no sound.

I removed the hard drive, the sd, same thing.

I know wiis are dirt cheap today, In fact I have a spare, but I wonder it there is something hardware wise, that I should check o try to repair.

Thanks for the input.
Yellow? Yellow means standby mode (WC24 turned on)
So it doesn't power on. Could be any number of things. Get your multimeter out, trace the power lines and make sure power is going to where it's supposed to and the voltages are all correct.

serge85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yellow? Yellow means standby mode (WC24 turned on)
So it doesn't power on. Could be any number of things. Get your multimeter out, trace the power lines and make sure power is going to where it's supposed to and the voltages are all correct.
I'm really sorry, it changes from red to green!

I had WC24 turned off.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it stays green, just no video signal? Could you try booting into Priiloader by holding the reset button when turning it on? Also try inserting/or ejecting a disc, just to see if it can get it to display something..

serge85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I hooked up the wii to a CRT.

Black screen, it stays green.

If I want to turn it off I have to hold the power button for like 5-10 seconds.

I can turn the wii using the eject button, but no more, I can't insert a disc, and I didnt install Priiloader (it was hacked many years ago) although I did install bootmii (and have a NAND backup).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm really sorry, it changes from red to green!

I had WC24 turned off.
It's likely the wifi or bluetooth module died.
chart_d.png

Instead of a SaveMii dongle insert a GC controller into port 4 and press all 4 directions on the D-pad at the same time (need to take the controller apart to be able to do this)

serge85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well Guys, I have an Update.

I bought another Wii (they are very cheap) but I decided to go back and try to troubleshoot my original wii (the one I bought in 2007).

I was going to try once more time the press all 4 directions on the D-pad thing, but weird enough, the Wii booted fine.

I updated the hack, installed priiloader (it also has bootmi installed as boot2), and made a nand backup.

It worked fine for about a week, today it booted fine, I was checking usb loader gx and noted that it wasn't the lattest version, so I turned off the console, removed the SD, copied USB LOADER GX, inserted the SD back in the console and.... nothing.

Same problem, green light turns on, black screen and doesn't boot.

Priiloader doesn't work.

Bootmii doesn't work.

I can turn on the console using the wiimote, but after that it doesn't sync in the black screen).

I don't think is the wifi module or the bluetooth (as I can turn on the console with the wiimote)

Any ideas for repairing the console?

many, many thanks!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well Guys, I have an Update.

I bought another Wii (they are very cheap) but I decided to go back and try to troubleshoot my original wii (the one I bought in 2007).

I was going to try once more time the press all 4 directions on the D-pad thing, but weird enough, the Wii booted fine.

I updated the hack, installed priiloader (it also has bootmi installed as boot2), and made a nand backup.

It worked fine for about a week, today it booted fine, I was checking usb loader gx and noted that it wasn't the lattest version, so I turned off the console, removed the SD, copied USB LOADER GX, inserted the SD back in the console and.... nothing.

Same problem, green light turns on, black screen and doesn't boot.

Priiloader doesn't work.

Bootmii doesn't work.

I can turn on the console using the wiimote, but after that it doesn't sync in the black screen).

I don't think is the wifi module or the bluetooth (as I can turn on the console with the wiimote)

Any ideas for repairing the console?

many, many thanks!
Please read through this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-has-no-signal-and-does-not-respond.609725/

Might be the same (hardware) problem.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

serge85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Please read through this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-has-no-signal-and-does-not-respond.609725/

Might be the same (hardware) problem.
Thanks!

I'll test voltage on U4 in the coming days and will post my findings!
Post automatically merged:

@KleinesSinchen I just tested U4, so... 3.3 volts coming in, but only 0.8 volts coming out (it should be 1.8v).

I'll order the regulator and hopefully it will fix the wii, I'll update this thread when the time comes.

Last edited by serge85,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

serge85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello guys, just reporting in.

I finally managed to replace the U4 with the new regulator and....it works!

Thank you so much for the help.

Attachments

• 25a563cb92c444ec961bda04cf47665e.jpeg
    25a563cb92c444ec961bda04cf47665e.jpeg
    522.5 KB · Views: 19
  • galaxy.jpg
    galaxy.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 21

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...