Gaming Wii Motion Plus: Follow-Up!

After one month of Motion Plus (WM+), are you enjoying it?

• LOVE IT and would recommend it to my friends!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The novelty of the WM+ has wore off and is currently collecting dust.

• Waiting for the release of Wii Sports Resort to buy one!

• The WM+ did not add to the game(s) and would not recommend it.

• Do not have one yet but curious on how it plays.

• Not interested / cost too much

• Total voters

Sir_Shaggy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So here is a follow up thread about the Wii motion plus controller. After one month of using the WM+, are you enjoying the controller?

I have to say, using the WM+ controller I've been logging more time on my Wii than the 9-10 months I've had it. The Tiger Woods PGA tour 10 and Grand Slam Tennis are both awesome sport games and using the WM+ controller really puts you in the game. Probably the best golf / tennis games I've ever played. I think it adds more control over your swings and those 2 games showcase the WM+ controller perfectly.

I just hope more publishers support the WM+. What are your thoughts about the controller or games after using it for a month or so?

John_Conner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only used it for about a day now, with JP Wii Sports Resort. But with that, I'm in between "LOVE it" and "Novelty wore off." It seems like a really great idea, and the tracking is very very good, and I assume games will just keep getting better after Wii Resort.

Red Steel 2 is coming out this year, and it should blow away the first game, which was really hampered by the lack of full motion recognition. I think it is a great accessory, and it looks like everyone with a Wii will have to get one sometime soon if they want to play any new games.

D

Deleted-119707

same. im just curious on the performance. does it drain the battery?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Don't have one yet. I'm in two minds if it is worth it. I may get it if I get Wii Sports Resort, or if more and more games support it. I don't want another useless peripheral that only a handful of games make use of.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
im waitin til wii sports resort comes out cuz its awesome and i talkedto a gamestop expert and he said it would make more sense itf nintendo made wii motion plus anhance the connection between the wii and the remote with EVERY game and it should do what it does right now

it makes sense but wii motion plus is still pretty awesome

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My impression of it is that Nintendo just kinda put it out there, and their timing is as confusing as many of the other things they routinely do. I was impressed by Tiger Woods 10, and I'm stoked for Wii Sports Resort, but Nintendo isn't doing much to hype MotionPlus. I sure don't see much first-party stuff lined up that is specifically geared toward making use of it. Nintendo is basically like a hot girlfriend who comes over in her nightie but refuses to put out. Nothing left to do but fap yourself on another console until she gets hot and says, "I'm ready."

My impression of Wii Motion Plus is good. My thoughts about Nintendo are pretty much the same, which is to say, not great.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked one up today and I'm loving it! Its amazing!!! I played Wii Sports Resort and Tiger Woods for about 10 hours straight today with a friend. To me it adds to the quality of the games. Instead of feeling like and old, unresponsive technique, Its fluid and works quite well. It almost feels as if they took a squeaky hinge and slapped on some WD-40. The games feel more solid and actually resemble games. As for Grand Slam Tennis. That game just doesn't need the WM+. Maybe if your player responded more with the way you turn your body but still, I think they need to come up with a different way to portray tennis if they are going to use Wii motion plus. Anyway, I can't wait to see what New titles take advantage of this thing. I know Red Steel 2 will defiantly be one of the best wii games. You already get a hint of what the gameplay will be like in Wii Sports. For something that just clicks into your controller, it really improves a lot. I hope they release a new Wiimote that has WM+ built in, even if it has to be a bit longer.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Its awesome.

Got 2 for multi-player madness

wii sports resort with wii motion plus is nothing short of a revolution in my eyes/hand.

the first time you play with it you will : either be dissapointed - or feel ripped off - but only if you get one of the tennis games, they are badly made and motion plus feels VERY tacked on to sell. grand slam tennis is better than virtua tennis in that they animated the players to copy you (slightly) whereas virtua tennis doesn't try at all! GStennis is the better of the two but still makes motion plus look crap!

the first time you play it with tiger woods you will be twisting the thing around thinking to yourself - surely the wiimote could already do all this ...only new change is tilt of club is represented on-screen in real time... ie excite bots/mario kart
this is not a terribly bad game but you dont really see or feel the difference.

wii sports resort is genius.
it really does make you happy you spent that extra cash.
full 1:1 motion control at last.
sword fighting is fantastic fun. it copy's you exactly (as long as you hold it how they tell you - otherwise just spinning it round in your hand moves the same as going for a full on swing but without registering any force- impressive)

now when it wants you to do a certain motion, there is no other way of cheating, you have to do what it wants.

roundup:

motion plus is smooth - you totally feel and see the difference when games are made this well.

Sword fighting: is too good to be true, not just swinging, but it copy's EVERY SINGLE THING YOU DO!!! (dont tell anyone but make a darth vader Mii and you have your dream game at last) i rock.as darth.

Table tennis: beats the pants of wii sports tennis. ultimate control.

Jet ski: is HARDCORE!

Areal sports: show off super-slow-movements-motion-tracking - its a real treat

Bowling: will bowl you away just how much better this is than the origional. SPIN IT like you never have before.

Golf: a lot better, 18 holes, putting has been fixed completely, complete control (better than tiger woods by a mile)

Wakeboarding: wiimote on side ala mariokart. works really well, having fun with this. one of the more difficult games.

Frisbee: outstanding. yes, i am a bloke, and yes i like this. and so will you. its just like the real thing. disc golf anyone? WOW!

Archery: actually feels real. you wont need your sensor bar either, wii motion plus shows its strong point!

Canoing: 2 player mode is so much fun and you'l look a right 'tard lol

Basketball: It really works! a motion controlled basket ball game that really works! round the clock mode is great!

Cycling: make running motion to pedal but can steer at same time.. this one is the sour grape, no bad but not great. cycling.

Sir_Shaggy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nicky041192 said:
same. im just curious on the performance. does it drain the battery?

I played Metroid Prime 3 while the WM+ was plugged in and didn't notice any power drain if any. Battery life playing a WM+ game like Grand Slam Tennis drained the battery very little. I still get about 7-10 hours off of my rechargeable batteries. I've notice the nun-chuck controller drains more battery life then the WM+ in comparison. But those are just my observations, I have not run any tests on it.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lostdwarf said:
Its awesome.

Got 2 for multi-player madness

wii sports resort with wii motion plus is nothing short of a revolution in my eyes/hand.

the first time you play with it you will : either be dissapointed - or feel ripped off - but only if you get one of the tennis games, they are badly made and motion plus feels VERY tacked on to sell. grand slam tennis is better than virtua tennis in that they animated the players to copy you (slightly) whereas virtua tennis doesn't try at all! GStennis is the better of the two but still makes motion plus look crap!

the first time you play it with tiger woods you will be twisting the thing around thinking to yourself - surely the wiimote could already do all this ...only new change is tilt of club is represented on-screen in real time... ie excite bots/mario kart
this is not a terribly bad game but you dont really see or feel the difference.

wii sports resort is genius.
it really does make you happy you spent that extra cash.
full 1:1 motion control at last.
sword fighting is fantastic fun. it copy's you exactly (as long as you hold it how they tell you - otherwise just spinning it round in your hand moves the same as going for a full on swing but without registering any force- impressive)

now when it wants you to do a certain motion, there is no other way of cheating, you have to do what it wants.

roundup:

motion plus is smooth - you totally feel and see the difference when games are made this well.

Sword fighting: is too good to be true, not just swinging, but it copy's EVERY SINGLE THING YOU DO!!! (dont tell anyone but make a darth vader Mii and you have your dream game at last) i rock.as darth.

Table tennis: beats the pants of wii sports tennis. ultimate control.

Jet ski: is HARDCORE!

Areal sports: show off super-slow-movements-motion-tracking - its a real treat

Bowling: will bowl you away just how much better this is than the origional. SPIN IT like you never have before.

Golf: a lot better, 18 holes, putting has been fixed completely, complete control (better than tiger woods by a mile)

Wakeboarding: wiimote on side ala mariokart. works really well, having fun with this. one of the more difficult games.

Frisbee: outstanding. yes, i am a bloke, and yes i like this. and so will you. its just like the real thing. disc golf anyone? WOW!

Archery: actually feels real. you wont need your sensor bar either, wii motion plus shows its strong point!

Canoing: 2 player mode is so much fun and you'l look a right 'tard lol

Basketball: It really works! a motion controlled basket ball game that really works! round the clock mode is great!

Cycling: make running motion to pedal but can steer at same time.. this one is the sour grape, no bad but not great. cycling.

If Wii Sports Resort is really this good, I'm buying that Wii Motion Plus ASAP!
Thanks for the explanation.

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
230939.jpg

Just got mine today, i like.

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't like the Wii Motion Plus because this sort of add-on should have been present in the Wiimotes from the beginning. I feel that if I buy this, I would be giving more money to Nintendo then they really deserve. Besides, it doesn't seem like the gaming experience would be increased by much and $20 for one of them? Ridiculous.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I really like it with Tiger Woods 10. Grand Slam Tennis is really fun too, though high learning curve when playing w/ WM+. Can't wait for NTSC version of Sports Resort. Red Steel 2 should be great too. Wishing the cricket game Ashes 09 would add in WM+ control.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love it! everyone who I had use the device so far loves it! and we are all waiting for better uses of the device!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: