Gaming Wii Motion Plus A Scam? You Decide.

WiihackingNoobie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have Any Of You Played wii sports baseball? notice how it completely mimics your movements its like its using wiimotion plus but its not! based on that i think they could have done the whole wii sports resort without it. All of the games i could see being pefectly played without it for example biking dont need it frisbee would use the same thing as baseball. archery same thing, jet skiing dont need it either come on really nintendo all the games could be played without the stupid gimmicky piece of plastic.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're wrong and you've clearly haven't used a motion plus nor played it with Red Steel 2 otherwise you'd know the difference.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think games like PGA Tour 11, which can be played with and without WM+ show how games benefit from the precision provided by WM+... And it heavily enhances the precision and decreases the lag!

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
It definately improves accuracy, for Tiger Woods it is good.
The only problem I have with motion plus is the same for a lot of wii or just nintendo in general accessories.
Severely under supported.
If more games supported motion plus it would be more worthwhile. Literally only 2 games that I play that have it are Tiger Woods and Wii Sports Resort and I hardly play those games. Other than that, what else supports it? Just red steel 2?
When you consider that, yeah its a scam. Same as wii speak et al

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Rockstar said:
Red Steel 2
Yeah.
And first of all
why havent you included SWORD FIGHTING in your post??
Can you play sword fighting without the motion plus? NO
why? Because if it doesnt use motion plus a single flick would kill an enemy!

WiihackingNoobie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TechnoWorm said:
Rockstar said:
Red Steel 2
Yeah.
And first of all
why havent you included SWORD FIGHTING in your post??
Can you play sword fighting without the motion plus? NO
why? Because if it doesnt use motion plus a single flick would kill an enemy!
it could use the same kind of thing as baseball

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tiger Woods 2011......Try playing that without the Motion + ....... its horrible!
BUT, with it, its gotta be one of the best golf games out there.

and I agree, Nintendo is not using this device to its full potential.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WiihackingNoobie said:
Have Any Of You Played wii sports baseball? notice how it completely mimics your movements its like its using wiimotion plus but its not! based on that i think they could have done the whole wii sports resort without it. All of the games i could see being pefectly played without it for example biking dont need it frisbee would use the same thing as baseball. archery same thing, jet skiing dont need it either come on really nintendo all the games could be played without the stupid gimmicky piece of plastic.
i've decided all right!
fruitcake.jpg

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WiihackingNoobie said:
Have Any Of You Played wii sports baseball? notice how it completely mimics your movements its like its using wiimotion plus but its not!
Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!
rofl2.gif

I've seen ppl play wii sports (yes, even baseball) from just sitting in the couch, just flicking the thing an inch when they needed to. Compare that to wii sports resort where flicking your wiimote in swords fighting will pat your enemy softly on the shoulder at the best.

I honestly can't see how people can call the motion plus a scam. I honestly can't. Compare games with the support to those without it and only an idiot can't see the difference (I sure hope you haven't played a wiimote plus game, WiihackingNoobie).
Or compare the games. Does wii sports resort cost an arm and a leg because of the extra hardware piece? No. It costs just as much as another nintendo game, with the same amount of quality.

And while I know that flingsmash isn't the best game out there (just because the game has a smooth response doesn't mean it has good controls), I look at it in just the same way as i look at wii play: you buy a wiimote (in flingsmash's case: including the +support) and get a little game for the 5$ or so extra cost. And for that price, you don't have to expect Super Mario Galaxy quality.

Yes, the wiimote could use more support. But honestly: how much games are being made that would actually benefit from motion+? There's not much of a market for swordsplaying games, and until recently, the wii had the monopoly on it. Perhaps in the near future we'll see some cross-platform titles, but I doubt it'll ever really catch on (I can already see it: "gingerbread ninja swordmaster"...released for move, kinect and (a crappy portjob for) motion+)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiihackingNoobie said:
Have Any Of You Played wii sports baseball? notice how it completely mimics your movements its like its using wiimotion plus but its not!
Hold your Wii remote upside down. If your character doesn't hold the baseball bat upside down also, your point is moot.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiihackingNoobie said:

M+ is also capable of pinpointing your position, and the position of the nunchuck.
Look at bow shooting in WSR and the new zelda. It can make pointing at screen not needed.
It can pinpoint what side of the Wiimote is facing where.( you can see that in WSR swordfighting.)
If you hold it upside down or at an EXCACT Angle.

As for the bat: it just turn around it's own axel. nothing more. If you twist the Mote nothing happens.

Play more Motion Plus games. they are awesome ( sadly a few games )

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Definitely not a scam. Notice how in Wii Sports baseball, the bat is all jittery and cannot fully detect your one-to-one motion after a swing. You position your bat fine, but that swing itself is a pre-programmed animation, and not a direct representation of your swing. Taking a look at Wii Sports Resort, all your motions are tracked 1-to-1, including the animation of your action and follow-through. Take a glance at Red Steel 2, or the Tiger Woods PGA Tour games, and you'll notice the effects that Wii MotionPlus gives to the Wii Remote. It is anything but a scam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: