Wii Motion Plus A Scam? You Decide.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by WiihackingNoobie, Jan 19, 2011.

Jan 19, 2011
  1. WiihackingNoobie
    OP

Newcomer WiihackingNoobie Advanced Member

United States
    Have Any Of You Played wii sports baseball? notice how it completely mimics your movements its like its using wiimotion plus but its not! based on that i think they could have done the whole wii sports resort without it. All of the games i could see being pefectly played without it for example biking dont need it frisbee would use the same thing as baseball. archery same thing, jet skiing dont need it either come on really nintendo all the games could be played without the stupid gimmicky piece of plastic.

2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Red Steel 2

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    You're wrong and you've clearly haven't used a motion plus nor played it with Red Steel 2 otherwise you'd know the difference.

4. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I think games like PGA Tour 11, which can be played with and without WM+ show how games benefit from the precision provided by WM+... And it heavily enhances the precision and decreases the lag!

5. Donkey Plonk

Member Donkey Plonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    It definately improves accuracy, for Tiger Woods it is good.
    The only problem I have with motion plus is the same for a lot of wii or just nintendo in general accessories.
    Severely under supported.
    If more games supported motion plus it would be more worthwhile. Literally only 2 games that I play that have it are Tiger Woods and Wii Sports Resort and I hardly play those games. Other than that, what else supports it? Just red steel 2?
    When you consider that, yeah its a scam. Same as wii speak et al

6. nintendoom

Member nintendoom Nintendoom

Antarctica
    Yeah.
    And first of all
    why havent you included SWORD FIGHTING in your post??
    Can you play sword fighting without the motion plus? NO
    why? Because if it doesnt use motion plus a single flick would kill an enemy!

7. WiihackingNoobie
    OP

Newcomer WiihackingNoobie Advanced Member

United States
    it could use the same kind of thing as baseball

8. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Tiger Woods 2011......Try playing that without the Motion + ....... its horrible!
    BUT, with it, its gotta be one of the best golf games out there.

and I agree, Nintendo is not using this device to its full potential.

9. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i've decided all right!
    [​IMG]

10. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!! [​IMG]

I've seen ppl play wii sports (yes, even baseball) from just sitting in the couch, just flicking the thing an inch when they needed to. Compare that to wii sports resort where flicking your wiimote in swords fighting will pat your enemy softly on the shoulder at the best.

I honestly can't see how people can call the motion plus a scam. I honestly can't. Compare games with the support to those without it and only an idiot can't see the difference (I sure hope you haven't played a wiimote plus game, WiihackingNoobie).
    Or compare the games. Does wii sports resort cost an arm and a leg because of the extra hardware piece? No. It costs just as much as another nintendo game, with the same amount of quality.

And while I know that flingsmash isn't the best game out there (just because the game has a smooth response doesn't mean it has good controls), I look at it in just the same way as i look at wii play: you buy a wiimote (in flingsmash's case: including the +support) and get a little game for the 5$ or so extra cost. And for that price, you don't have to expect Super Mario Galaxy quality.

Yes, the wiimote could use more support. But honestly: how much games are being made that would actually benefit from motion+? There's not much of a market for swordsplaying games, and until recently, the wii had the monopoly on it. Perhaps in the near future we'll see some cross-platform titles, but I doubt it'll ever really catch on (I can already see it: "gingerbread ninja swordmaster"...released for move, kinect and (a crappy portjob for) motion+)

11. darth_katarn

Newcomer darth_katarn Member

Portugal
    I believe it´s not a scam. For Grand Slam Tennis improves alot the gameplay.

12. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    The hardware itself is quite accurate, and I enjoy it. I consider it a scam, however, in the fact that there is barely any software to support it.

13. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Hold your Wii remote upside down. If your character doesn't hold the baseball bat upside down also, your point is moot.

14. JinTrigger

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    The Motion plus is not a scam...just under supported....but what else is new

15. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    M+ is also capable of pinpointing your position, and the position of the nunchuck.
    Look at bow shooting in WSR and the new zelda. It can make pointing at screen not needed.
    It can pinpoint what side of the Wiimote is facing where.( you can see that in WSR swordfighting.)
    If you hold it upside down or at an EXCACT Angle.

As for the bat: it just turn around it's own axel. nothing more. If you twist the Mote nothing happens.

Play more Motion Plus games. they are awesome ( sadly a few games )

16. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Just get a Remote Plus.

17. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    yes I plan to I want a black one!
    ( allready have 2 ext. M+ )

18. Donkey Plonk

Member Donkey Plonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I got me one of these as I couldn't find a standard one anymore. It seems you can only buy the plus now.
    Set me back 40 bloody notes too [​IMG]

19. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    grand slam tennis is pretty much unplayable without wii motion plus

20. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Definitely not a scam. Notice how in Wii Sports baseball, the bat is all jittery and cannot fully detect your one-to-one motion after a swing. You position your bat fine, but that swing itself is a pre-programmed animation, and not a direct representation of your swing. Taking a look at Wii Sports Resort, all your motions are tracked 1-to-1, including the animation of your action and follow-through. Take a glance at Red Steel 2, or the Tiger Woods PGA Tour games, and you'll notice the effects that Wii MotionPlus gives to the Wii Remote. It is anything but a scam.