OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please help me out as to what specific parts/pieces I would need to buy to mod a wii? I've had my wii for a little over two years and it's about time to mess with this console. Thanks.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, you can put the games on an SD card as well, but you'll probably run out of space quite fast...

The Wii seems to like SD cards better than SDHC btw. (just so you know)

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
updating to 4.3 would probably get you somewhat close to removing everything, but it won't completely get rid of all traces. You could also just burn your games on dvd-r's if you don't want to get a hard drive just for your Wii. (The hard drive has to be formatted to a special format type that won't hold anything but Wii games.) You could just partition the hard drive and just format the partition you wanna use for Wii and leave the other partition for other stuff though if you really wanna use it for other things. But also in order to play burned dvd's your Wii needs to be old enough. 2 years old might be old enough but that's like right around the cut off point so its not guaranteed.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nabster92 said:
(The hard drive has to be formatted to a special format type that won't hold anything but Wii games.) You could just partition the hard drive and just format the partition you wanna use for Wii and leave the other partition for other stuff though if you really wanna use it for other things.

Couldn`t you just partition the whole drive to FAT32 and use that.

Thunder7102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I got my Wii the first day it came out, so I'm quite sure it can run them, but I would suggest just using a USB. It is much faster and easier in my opinion. And what is the big deal with HCSD's? Mine hasn't had any problems.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
nabster92 said:
(The hard drive has to be formatted to a special format type that won't hold anything but Wii games.) You could just partition the hard drive and just format the partition you wanna use for Wii and leave the other partition for other stuff though if you really wanna use it for other things.

Couldn`t you just partition the whole drive to FAT32 and use that.

Well yea there's that option as well I guess, and to the SDHC card stuff, I think the biggest problem with those is some games themselves not supporting them AFAIK. I don't think you can play like brawl+ or brawl- and such with an SDHC card for example.

keevonnn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All I need now is just how to get the games to run on a external harddrive. It's USB compatible but I'm just stuck in that stage of what to do. Also I haven't downloaded an actual game yet so I'll have to wait until I finish downloading one.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
keevonnn said:
All I need now is just how to get the games to run on a external harddrive. It's USB compatible but I'm just stuck in that stage of what to do. Also I haven't downloaded an actual game yet so I'll have to wait until I finish downloading one.

You need a usb loader application such as USB Loader GX on your SD card that you can run through the homebrew channel or have priiloader autoboot it on startup (use a forwarder dol for that though) Then plug your usb drive in the port on the Wii closer to the edge, not the one in the middle. If you want to use the drive for other things you can either partition it or format it to FAT32 and look up how to put games on that in .wbfs form. If you're just gonna use it for Wii games, you might as well just let USB Loader GX format it all to WBFS anyways. Then you can either just use WBFS manager to transfer games you download to the drive or you can just put a disc of the game you want to install in and usb loader gx will prompt you if you want to install it straight from the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr