Wii Modchip Incompatibility Warning

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
If the guy's tried it on other Wii's successfully then I don't think he would have forgotten to connect the 3.3v.

Yes, but I can only find posts on the Wiinja and ElOtroLado forums from this same guy (ralode) who is having problems. There are several replies on ElOtroLado from people who have successfully installed the Wiinja but none with the same chip he is reporting in his Wii.

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I for one am extremely happy at this news, if true. I can just imagine all of you, receiving your modchips only to realize it doesn't work XD
How disappointed you will be
smile.gif

LOL what a lamer...

Goodthing im getting the Wiikey

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
I have spoken with the Ninja Team and they have confirmed that, so far, this problem has been limited to a single person. They are going to take a look at his Wii drive to see for themselves if this is a real issue or just a bad install. So far, no one else has reported any problems.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
aparently team ninja are looking into this matter so hopefully we'll have more on this soon. Apart from that 1 guy ive seen no other reports of the dodgy d2b chip so if it really is a problem it doesnt seem these consoles are too common

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is why you never buy products you've never heard before or haven't been proven to work, but there's nothing out currently to make use of any mod chips yet making the best bet to wait till there is a reason or better chip.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have spoken with the Ninja Team and they have confirmed that, so far, this problem has been limited to a single person. They are going to take a look at his Wii drive to see for themselves if this is a real issue or just a bad install. So far, no one else has reported any problems.

Probably someone from CycloWiz....

butaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats cool, having a modchip is already pretty much doing a shady thing, like buying a fake ID to get in a club, maybe it wont work sometimes and you will get caught, thats what happens when you take the chance. You can whine or complain all you want but it was your decision to do it.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HA ! i stated in another topic you shouldnt leap to first generation stuff and you all luaghed at me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im going to wait a good year before i mod a wii plus why risk it now ? only good game on the wii is zelda

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I have heard news from the Wiinja team:
- they confirm that the Wiinja modchip can NOT be detected.
- they confirm that bios upgrades will NOT be able to disable the modchip effects

They also speculate that because the WiiKey and the CicloWyz have an "upgrade mode", they can easily be detected.
If someone wanted to detect it, they would simply simulate the conditions to enter the "upgrade mode" and expect a particular reply from the modchip.

Thats interesting
smile.gif

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what if they start making a second generation wii which they will in the future ?

rember how many revisions the ps2 had to stop mod chips lol

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HA ! i stated in another topic you shouldnt leap to first generation stuff and you all luaghed at me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im going to wait a good year before i mod a wii plus why risk it now ? only good game on the wii is zelda

I think some may disagree that the only good game is Zelda, but I digress....

I agree with you on the whole waiting thing. I would much rather wait and see if there are certain models that a chip may or may not work with before spending 60 bucks on something that won't do anything, and in turn I cannot get rid of.

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have heard news from the Wiinja team:
- they confirm that the Wiinja modchip can NOT be detected.
- they confirm that bios upgrades will NOT be able to disable the modchip effects

They also speculate that because the WiiKey and the CicloWyz have an "upgrade mode", they can easily be detected.
If someone wanted to detect it, they would simply simulate the conditions to enter the "upgrade mode" and expect a particular reply from the modchip.

Thats interesting
smile.gif

You could detect the wiinja by the fact that the drive has gone into debug mode etc etc, and games could always load a first stage piece of code and force reauth of the disc before going any further which I doubt the wiinja will be able to overcome.

The GC was a bit long in the tooth for nintendo to consider the cost of redesign/retooling to prevent modding when the first chip came out but it's about now nintendo should be shipping the first bug fixed hardware, maybe with a modded drive.

*Waits for all the people that don't know what an opcode, register blah blah is to pull random reasons why nintendo can't fix the exploits in their own console out of their arse*

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darn. I guess this will work on my bros then waiting in line for ours in walmart, going to the sporting goods section and grabbing chairs and stuff. lol.

By the way i like this
c154.gif
eeeeh
bow.gif

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, they will work with my Wii.

Now, I ****ing hate max console, I bet they won't even post that this affects that peice of crap, cyclowii (which I believe to be a wiinja rip off, just like cyclods was a supercard clone.)

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if I'm out of line, but has it been confirmed that it won't work with that model? It is still just that one guy, how about we wait and see whether this is true before we just assume...

EDIT: I take that all back
smile.gif
Glad to see confirmation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up