Wii Mini Confirmed

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All I can think of is the parents and grandparents going to Best Buy to pickup a "New Wii" for little Johnny and finding this steaming pile of crap, thinking this is what little johnny wanted (When we all know damned well little Johnny meant the Wii U..)
I'd say Best Buy will be all too happy to sell the higher priced WiiU when a clueless individual asks about a "new Wii". Of course, if they don't ask for help and try to figure it out themselves, there could be a problem, but I don't think it would be a very big issue. The mistake will be quickly noticed by the youngster and he will no doubt advise (grand)parents to return it for a refund and get the right thing instead.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This Wii version, and PS3 Ultra Slim are two unnescessary consoles.
PS3 Slim is good, it uses matte color to prevent fingerprints, it was lighter, smaller and was definetly better than the original in all aspects.
The original Wi supported GC games, and still works fine.

Both Super Slim PS3 and Wii Mini feel pretty cheap, and fragile,
they removed nice features of the originals
(Wii GC support and PS3 insert/eject disk utility)
and look like a desperate way for making more money

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
a3qWb8-W70WImlmDyNxsHw2.png

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like the wii is taking the ps2 route,
which was to be expected,
coulda seen it coming from a mile away
:lol:

there's really not much reason to get this unless you're ubber-casual,
i'm guessing no gamecube compatiblity, and no chance of homebrew any soon.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they didn't remove shit that I actually used I'd probably get one, but seriously, no wi-fi support or USB support? Fuck that. Otherwise, dat matte finish looks nice. Part of the reason I prefer the DSi's design to the 3DS's. Shiny tech looks like shit. Plus top-loading is kick-ass.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
How do we even know there's no SD slot? I'd like to own this console for the novelty of playing old games on a device that looks like an older console. This really reminds me of the famicom.

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you guys are so far behind with the news on this. its been up on bestbuy for 2 days. also it clearly says no wifi or gamecube support. this site has gone to poop with it's news whats up with that??!!

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
All things considered, at least this model has a fancy design over the former crippled wii. But still...who would buy this? Other than some uppity yuppies who lived under a rock for the last SIX years, I'd say "no one!". I've said it in another thread, and I'll say it again: this is a money sink. Pretty much nobody is going to buy this. Either they already have one, they want a wiiU instead or they'll go for a second hand one (which'll most likely be very cheap now everybody's pawning them to save up for a wiiU).

It has a very nice finish. Superior than the O.Design of the Wii (true, may be a bit cheaper material).
I would buy one, again it looks neat. It's smaller. Has a cool design.

If you cannot afford one, then you cannot afford one. No one is being forced to buy one.
These are tough times for many of us who have a hard time with funds...so if you're not stable enough, and you want one, and you know whats gonna happen, and you know for sure it's a waste of money...it's your choice.
You have said money, go ahead and buy it.

Since many of us buy a real copy of Wii games, then we shouldn't need to worry about using an HD with copies of our games. Now is our chance of actually using the nice-clean-crisp-unscratched disks on this only Wii games we all so legally bought...right? ;D

I'd get one to keep in my apartment home, so when i go to vacations i can just turn on the Mini Wii and play just a Wii game.

IF i want to use all the extra services, all i gotta do is switch a few cables (1-3min tops) and use the Original Wii.

maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it does suck. ;P

I like it though. -claps-

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we even know there's no SD slot? I'd like to own this console for the novelty of playing old games on a device that looks like an older console. This really reminds me of the famicom.
what old games? since it has no wifi, it probably doesnt have VC, and since no SD or USB, all i can think is a disc-based emulator when they get it working via disc swap?
lol perhaps the only thing about a toploading

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iIf Nintendo were to release a Wii Mini "NES Edition" or "SNES Edition", I would so buy one, but only if it came with a classic controller attachment that looks like (and is) a 1:1 copy of the original NES/SNES controller. (aside from the internals of course)

TVNewsIsBiased

Developer
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
planet.gnome.org
XP
Country
Gambia, The
iIf Nintendo were to release a Wii Mini "NES Edition" or "SNES Edition", I would so buy one, but only if it came with a classic controller attachment that looks like (and is) a 1:1 copy of the original NES/SNES controller. (aside from the internals of course)

That would be the coolest thing ever. I would be all over that console!

I did something like this manually but it's kind of crappy. It's a cheap p4 machine running linux with an xbox S controller adapted to usb (Using linux kernel 3.6's xpad driver) It emulates nes and snes very well but the controller isn't suited for these games/emulators ( The L/R triggers are totally different from the snes L/R and it screws up the emulator/game hehe :( )

It works, my kids (3 and 6) have a blast playing snes games hehe, something with 1:1 controllers and perfect emulation would be amazing though..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo