Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
I guess i'd have to say I like the Wii menu the best. I can't believe I'm saying that but really, its the only decent one. The 360 dashboard was good but the NXE is just crappy. I used to like it but now its just sickening, wayyyy to menu pages and stuff that I wish you could just hide. I hate the PS3 menu because all they did was take the PSP menu and out it on the PS3 so it feels like its wayy underpowered. The Wii menu is the only one that is decent.

u do have a gr8 point there, but the ps3 has some sort of touch-ups in itx XMB that it feels totally different. and it has a bunch of different options, so it doesnt look THAT similar....ok, nvm. but here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XrossMediaBar

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use my 360 for more than gaming (I know it's kinda lame, but the 360 has become a social tool for my out of state friends), and I don't know, but I REALLY like the NXE dashboard, better than the old one. The new dashboard (when you are connected to the internet) feels a lot different than the other consoles. Maybe it's all the news and shit available without navigating anywhere

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the wii can't compare to the ps3 or 360 menu i agree. but me and everyone else got a wii.
smile.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wii can't compare to the other 2, that's for sure.
Hopefully Nintendo puts a little more effort in it next time, because now, their Menu just got smashed by the other 2.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
i dislike Sony's idea to use the same XMB on the PSX, PSP and the PS3.
They need to make a new one.

Indeed, regardless, its just simple and does the job

The NXE dashboard wins it for me though in the end, if only there was a better sense of direction when looking for themes, for example, or any other downloadable content, or basically an elaborate search function, then it would have been perfect. It gets tiring waiting for it to load the letters, then all the games, and then scrolling through them all. It was a GREAT improvement from pre-nxe none the less. SO easy to see your friends, what they are playing etc etc.

Only draw back is no web browser, despite having a PS3, though, i never seem to use it though.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I like the XMB.

It doesn't shove too many unnecessary menus in your face, and I found it very intuitive to use.

Same interface across PSP and PS3 is actually a pro for me. I'd bet that relatively casual gamers who transitioned from one to the other would also appreciate it.

(Basically think of it as your desktop and laptop running the same O/S. Linux on one and DOS on the other isn't as desirable is it?)

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jaems said:
Rock Raiyu said:
deanxxczx said:
akash86 said:
deanxxczx said:
well, they came out with it on the psp. ps1 or ps2 didnt have it O.o

Google PSX. You obviously don't know what it is
rofl2.gif

i want one.
PSP is the only one that has the XMB besides the PS3. Though Sony is now putting it in their laptops.

I prefer the XMB compared to all the other menus. Its much more easy to navigate.
I'm not surprised that you've never heard of the PSX:
Sony-PSX.jpg

It was a failure in Japan and was never released elsewhere. However, it was the first Sony console to introduce the XMB interface.

and once more the japanese had the advantage while the western didn't even know about the existence of it:.

k back to topic:. don't know about the xbox menu interface but the wii menu is nice, but just to simple/ steril for my taste:. vote for the sony one:.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
-The Wii is simply boring as hell. Seeing as how much would be possible (WiiFlow, for example), it's sad. Even different Themes from the Community can't help here. A-W-F-U-L basic design/idea. It's from Nintendo, so I wasn't expecting much anyways...
-Dashboard is nice. Though, not an eyecandy like XMB.
-XMB is simply the best. The default background, which changes with the Time and Month, is simply amazing. It's themeable as hell, easy to navigate, and still looks awesome.

Without any doubt XMB. If the Ps3 would be hackable, I would get one
tongue.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Rock Raiyu said:
deanxxczx said:
akash86 said:
deanxxczx said:
well, they came out with it on the psp. ps1 or ps2 didnt have it O.o

Google PSX. You obviously don't know what it is
rofl2.gif

i want one.
PSP is the only one that has the XMB besides the PS3. Though Sony is now putting it in their laptops.

I prefer the XMB compared to all the other menus. Its much more easy to navigate.

lolwut

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1